What stocks are still good to buy for an investment?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Sequoia1321, Jul 20, 2020.

1. I'm looking for some stock ideas, long term, and was wondering what might be a good investment? I noticed some great names like Amazon and Tesla (very interested in the Cybertruck), but they made huge gains and am afraid to get in on them without a decent pullback. Other stocks that look interesting at current level, and might even pull back a bit, are Roku (ROKU) and Beyond Meat (BYND). ROKU: I'm a Roku user, in fact that's all I have for TV. Heard they come preloaded on many televisions now. Not very familiar with the competitors, like Apple, Amazon, etc. BYND: Plant based foods I think are the future. Number of people that are interested in these foods have been rising. I personally only eat a plant based diet so am a big fan of this sector. Not very familiar with Beyond Meat personally but I believe they might be getting into KFC fried chicken, and also into Brazil. Cramer from Mad Money last I heard was positive about this stock. Any other plant based stocks, or other stocks that you recommend?

upload_2020-7-20_12-31-0.png

upload_2020-7-20_12-32-0.png

2. BAT31

BAT31

Luckin Coffee (LKNCY).

3. GOLD, SLV, FEYE, FXI, and GHY - I own these and sold calls on them.

GOLD is the largest mining company in the world.
    SLV is a silver ETF
    FEYE is a cybersecurity firm
    FXI is China's large-cap index in Hong-Kong.
    GHY is a high yield fund - pays 9.7 percent

4. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

KO has a lot more upside than downside, so that's a nice safe play.

BA I think is good for a long term, but hard to tell if it's going to drop another 20 or 30 bucks.

VLO could be a double, but it might also stay flat. Not too much downside there.

I like WELL too.

Sequoia1321 likes this.
  5. maxinger

maxinger

usually when many people ask such questions, market will collapse soon.

look at NQ. It has risen from 6700 in Mar 20 to 11000 in Jul 20, ie
    65% increase in 4 months.
    That is a very huge increase.

Those who missed the boat might have to wait for many many months / years
    for the next boat to come.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  6. This is a trading - rather than investing - forum. Probably not the best place to ask investing questions.

With that said, the chance of you (or anyone) picking something that will do better than SPY/SPX over the long term is pretty slim.

taowave likes this.
  7. the market doesn't need your money. the market is supported by the gov't .like in China. it's not a 'free market' anymore.

8. winners keep on winning: V, GOOG, AMZN, TWTR, MSFT, MTCH, ILMN, RMD, ZTS, VMW

9. Those look interesting, but when they go up hard I'm afraid they might fall hard too, so in those cases I imagine there would need to be more active trade management and maybe stop losses. Looking for something I can just buy and hold for several months, a year, or maybe more, without a stop loss.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  10. #10     Jul 21, 2020