What sticky note have you on your monitor?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by themickey, Nov 12, 2021.

1. themickey

themickey

Show us pics of what sticky notes you have taped to your monitor.
    You know, little reminders to self.
    And maybe a reason why you have it there. Was it for a lesson reminder because you got burnt for example?

murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  2. I can't stand sticky notes on screens, or anywhere in the desk area for that matter. I think my revulsion came from my first job in the industry, where they were banned. The COO used to stalk the trading floor, tearing them off peoples screens whenever he saw them. A few years later I was sitting next to a team assistant who had almost the entire edge of her monitor festooned with them. Used to drive me wild.

Personally I think they're a sign of a disorganised mind. There's nothing a sticky note can't do that can't be done better by something else, like a decent journal.

GAT

3. Handle123

Handle123

I use to 30 years ago, but really didn't see them after I put them up.
    I pretty much trade like a robot in my mind, eyes constantly scanning chart, I will laugh much when I see traders stops getting hit in obvious areas and even better if I am feeding their exits.
    Yea, when working I am vicious, very vocal--loud but way different when am away from manual trading. But always very focused.

Oh, I did use 3x5 cards with chart patterns, signals, patterns of topping/bottoming, risk management, still have them and up to about 300 cards to continual memorize. Early I would take them everywhere, now I take them when I fly or trips. Drawings always best.

murray t turtle and beginner66 like this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

I wonder, do they have such individuals, say, at Bridge Waters.
    Such behaviour, would it fit their culture.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. A monitor would work too, I suppose.

upload_2021-11-12_3-2-23.jpeg

6. i wont post a pick but it says ..."he who hestitates...masturbates... I hesitate a lot...""

Handle123 and CALLumbus like this.
  7. JSOP

JSOP

What sticky note have you on your monitor?

-I have none. Obscures my charts too much.

8. JSOP

JSOP

Not to mention they are so distracting and totally unnecessary. I see people use them all the time when I was working at one point in my life and I have always wondered how do people work with them while still being able to concentrate on their work? What they wrote on the stickies are all simple things that should become second nature to them once you've done the job once or twice and really don't need to be still written down and even posted in such a conspicuous way even if they really do still need to be reminded of some important things from time to time. I think they did those just to show off their "humility" and how hard they work, imo. LOL

d08 likes this.
  9. themickey

themickey

Quite a number of years ago when still struggling to get myself organized in trading, ie didn't have a methodolgy, I had lots of new ideas how I wanted to trade, but they were just ideas, I was attempting to put them into practice.
    To try and get my brain to remember all these ideas, I had written copious notes, and to assist to burn this into my brain, I wrote them onto my PC's scrolling screen saver.
    So I'd leave my computer running with the screen saver flashing up a new note card every several seconds.
    All those ideas are scrapped now, my trading far removed from that several years ago.

qlai likes this.
  10. Not necessarily a sticky note as it bothers me, but i have a big ass white board with " Patience, Trend is your friend, Be a bull & a bear" on it. Hope it helps .. oh and also no smoking.

#10     Nov 12, 2021
    murray t turtle and themickey like this.