What sort of trader are you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by billyjoerob, Jan 3, 2010.

What sort of trader are you?

1. Investor: Value/fundamentals

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Investor: Momentum/breakout:

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Trader: position/swing

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. Trader: day

26 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Trader: automated

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  6. Options/futures/forex/spread

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Interested in what sort of trading EliteTraders do. Please participate in the poll.

If you like, please include a description of your style and why it works and works for you.

2. tubfarter

tubfarter

He, who stops the flow of rivers, does not fall in your classification poll.

He, who stops the flow of rivers, is unique.

3. Yea, sure man !

4. He, who stops leaky faucet, does not hear dripping sound.

5. tubfarter

tubfarter

He, who stops the flow of rivers, thinks you are very wise.

6. Ok, it looks like everybody is either a position or day trader, excepting the tradebots and options traders.

I guess I'm more interested in what sort of day or position traders are out there.

Here's the classifications, let me know if it's too broad or narrow:

breakout
    buy on pullbacks
    visual (candlestick, Edwards/Magee, etc)
    technical (RSI, stochastics, etc.)

I'm trying to find out what signals traders use . . . and whether you are a momentum trader or a reversion-to-mean trader.

7. m22au

m22au

option g: all of the above

8. Thanks river dude! I think there are a lot more wiser viewers here who are forbidden to post. They are the ones who can stop the universe.

I am just the guy who tighten the faucet to stop leak.

PA

9. Yes. CCI, RSI, Chandes, Volume, Envelopes, Candles, Support/resistance, trend vectoring, atr trailing level reverse, money management.

It is a tough disciplined boring system providing only 2-3 category 9 or 10 trades a day with 50-300 pip runs. Provides maybe another 3-5 category 8 trades which my rules sets don't allow me to trade. Several of which are customized according to my formulas. Occasionally I will watch for 10 hours and only get one trade.

I have a number of other systems for the stock market or e-minis ... but this works steady.

The other ones use this and a system my dad developed that works like Ganns ... all those plus a savvy martingale method for capturing candles is extremely active and wins very very fast. Scary money management at times however and too subjective.

10. bln

bln

Mean-reversion index swing trading. Does 10-12 trades per year. Extremely high win ratio, 80-90% in my favor. Annual return running at +200% using 3x ETFs.

#10     Jan 5, 2010