What soft for scanning and backtesting stocks ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by algore, Sep 2, 2011.

1. algore

algore

Hi to all,

In first, sorry in advance for my poor english.

I have a problem. Thank you to help me.

I have several systems based on US stocks and I need a software for backtesting and trading them :

What do I need ?

** For Real Time :

1) 10 minutes before the closing hour, I scan all the stocks I bought few days ago. If my exit condition is ok, I sell the stocks.
    2) 5 minutes before the closing hour, I scan all the stocks of the market (or 100-200…) and if I have entry condition for some, I buy these stocks.

** For Backtest :

1) Only in daily time frame, I want to scan several stocks (100 for exemple) and several years (10…), conditions at close time for entry / exit and manage them for possess 10 securities Max only.

What software can do all this ? I work actually with tradeStation (and Easylanguage) but it’s difficult to resolve all these problems.

Thank you very much in advance for your help
    :)

2. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=226365

3. algore

algore

Thank tou for your answer. I saw this thread.

I have a backtesting software yet : Tradestation.

But my specifications are very particular... I look for a soft for these particular specifications.

Some ideas ?

Thank you in advance. :)

4. What ideas? About what? What you wanna do can be done. And now what???

5. algore

algore

Sorry but it's NOT possible to backtest many stocks with one strategy and money management : possibility to trade only 10 curencies for example.

With TradesTation, it's impossible. With Metastock, it's impossible.

6. Backtesting multiple stocks? Well, it's possible with Amibroker. That's why I wrote that it can be done. Limitations of other softwares are not the limitations of Amibroker.

7. algore

algore

Thank you
    :)