What so many people get wrong about US deflation threat

Discussion in 'Economics' started by brettman9, Feb 3, 2011.

1. I can already answer this for you. The usual response I receive when I ask this question is

"I want the Fed to do nothing so that everything can reset and we can start growing again."

All the while, completely ignoring the negative implications of the Fed doing nothing.

My apologies to denner and atticus for putting words in your mouth, but from my personal experience, this is the usual response.

#31     Feb 9, 2011
  2. Case in point.

#32     Feb 9, 2011
  3. +1.

Since that isn't going to happen, the comment that I think best sums up how this will turn out is:

#33     Feb 9, 2011
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

And we always get this argument from the other side...

#34     Feb 9, 2011
  5. This makes no sense... Why would you want them to close shop if you conclude they're doing the right thing?

As to Jim Rogers's comment, that's plain silly, primarily because there's an obvious counter-example.

#35     Feb 9, 2011
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

I need to see them get the f88k out the way in order to conclude they are doing the right thing...get it

#36     Feb 9, 2011
  7. Get out the way of what? Be more specific, if you will...

Generally, pls don't feel like you need to answer my question, especially if you have nothing of any substance to say.

#37     Feb 9, 2011
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

CLOSE SHOP wasnt specific enough.... :D

Marti, I am definitely not going into a gun fight with a pocket knife, besides I know you are bernanke's boy.

#38     Feb 9, 2011
  9. It was very specific, but uninteresting and not very logical... It's all good, I don't mind. Apologize for peevish response, it's been a long day.

#39     Feb 9, 2011
  10. I realize the problem is too big to float the Ts to the public, but I do take issue with buying the top in every market in which they choose to manip. For once I'd like to hear they're buying tankers of crude because the NSA has tapped Centaurus' OC3. Japan, USA, and the Swiss, as you previously mentioned, are all part of the microcephalic cabal. These taxpayer investments are not going to be held to maturity, so it's analogous to Pablo Escobar sitting in a mountain hideout and burning bricks of 100s to stay warm.

If you're not buying 30s, then why should we be forced to? I like to get kissed when I get f*cked. Being coerced to buy Treasuries doesn't sit well, and not simply because I am unaware of the vig that GS, et al, are charging.

#40     Feb 9, 2011