What smartphone to get?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Debaser82, May 5, 2012.

1. Unfortunately, I can't deny that this is what the world has come to.

#11     May 8, 2012
  2. Oh yeah, and I just typed that from my Iphone 4s.

Ps - Siri sucks. Total waste of $

#12     May 8, 2012
  3. Epic

Epic

I've been an apple hater for years too, but my wife has every device they sell. I have to admit. Her stuff just works all the time. Sure, her iPhone 4s isn't customizable, and it lacks some of the power functions of Android. But... IT JUST WORKS REALLY WELL! Ditto for her iPad 2 , and her iPod Touch, and her Nano, etc...

I'm begrudgingly getting an iPhone once I finally give up my current phone. It just works too well and the apps are very convenient. Ugh.... I can't believe I'm typing this.

The only silver lining for an apple hater like me is that the much touted "Siri" really does suck right now. They'll work the bugs out, but despite what anyone says. Right now Siri BLOWS!!! It is very awkward to use and 'she" doesn't understand anything beyond the most basic functions.

Think...

What's the weather forecast?
    Where's a restaurant?
    Remind me....
    Send John a message.

Not...

When was the most recent large eruption of Mt Saint Helens?
    What is the best rated public golf course within 30 miles?

But I guess I won't be satisfied until I have "Jarvis" like Tony Stark. :D

#13     May 8, 2012
  4. The iphone is a horrible phone. Whether you are the person on it or on the other end, it's a horrible phone. It's a whore that's always latching onto wifi's and bouncing from one to the next instead of using 2 way radio communication like a real company's phone. I can't believe a company the size of AT&T fell for that trash.

#14     May 8, 2012
  5. Yes, I sympathize with you. I went thru the same thing, and the outcome was a purchase of the iPhone 4s. I can't put the thing down, which is just insane. But here is a Siri example; I was watching tv and an iPhone commercial was on touting siri, my first thought was oh yeah I have that, because yes, I had actually forgotten. Then, I decided to test an example I saw on the commercial. The person asked Siri how far Orion's belt is from the earth (or something along those lines). I attempted this same question word for word at least six times and received responses such as: I couldn't find any places matching O'Ryan's belt, I don't see O'Ryan belt in your address book, should I look for businesses by that name, I don't know who Ryan O is, can you try again, etc. if it's on a commercial, it should work for chrissake. Oh well, Siri is a joke, the rest of the phone is good.

~sent from my ipad2

#15     May 8, 2012
  6. I use the Iphone 4s and I was an apple hater for years as well but I need to give the phone props. Everything works well, apps are very good, and the phone is very user friendly. The masses of sheep are actually spot on with this phone, I give it 5 stars!

-Action

#16     May 9, 2012
  7. blackberr

#17     May 10, 2012
  8. I bought a HTC one S. Great technology but...

The real winner of the smartphone wars will be the one that allows a week of battery use or so without recharging cause the battery remains quite an issue really.

#18     May 24, 2012
  9. I got the HTC One X just recently. It is definitely a step up from my iPhone.

It got a much larger screen than the iPhone 4s, yet lighter. The user interface is just amazing. When I am holding my HTC One X, it feel like I am holding something alive in my hand!

Awesome!

#19     May 24, 2012