what signs were there of this stock's jump?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by vk60546, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me not owning it for a start.

#11     Nov 10, 2011
  2. =================
    Nice %% increase.
    No, thank you on a long trade-that's short covering ralley, mostly.

i year chart has way to many downtrends[200day ma down,
    50 dma is down]...........................................

#12     Nov 19, 2011
  3. ================
    vk60-vk50;
    No harm calling that an uptrend, because 20 day, 50 day price is uptrending;
    but i seldom go against a 6 month chart, 1 year chart, 200 dma, 50 dma, all of which are mostly bearish/downtrending... Wisdom is profitable.

Keep studying for years;
    it gets easier as the years trend by.Good question.

#13     Nov 19, 2011
  4. FJMcC

FJMcC

Nice chart, I hate the ma's, they just confuse me and make price action harder for me to judge. That's just me though.

I probably would of missed this trade, even if I actively followed and traded this stock. The second wave of what turned out to be a very nice two wave move (ABC), happened too quickly for my method.

That said, this stock seems to be building a very tradable pattern. Thumbnail analysis, the stock stalled out at a very strong and predictable resistance area, it would be very tough to clear that congestion area that peaked around 12.40 in one move.

From a technical standpoint, I would like to purchase this stock for a swing trade as soon as it starts showing some strength, ideally around the 10.00 level. If we could consolidate around there and take a run at the that high, there could be some open field running above 12.50. entry 10-11, stop 8-9.50, target say around 15-16

But here is the rub about tech a. I also wouldnt be suprised if this bounce is setting up the next leg down. If this pattern breaks down the stock could melt away to nothingness. I guess what I am trying to point out is that ta doesnt predict future, but only aids in setting up favorable R/R scenarios. I only trade leveraged futures products so that is the way i think.

Nice chart, thanks for the heads up.

#14     Nov 19, 2011
  5. For entertainment value:

[​IMG]

• ktd.jpg
      File size:
      46.6 KB
      Views:
    #15     Dec 3, 2011
  6. More:

[​IMG]

• kdt2.jpg