What Should The U.S. Response Be?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by max401, Apr 24, 2003.

1. ...if this article is correct:

N. Korea Claims to Have Nuclear Weapons, U.S. Officials Say
    By Glenn Kessler
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, April 24, 2003; 3:54 PM

North Korean negotiators told U.S. officials in Beijing that the communist nation has nuclear weapons and threatened to export them or conduct a "physical demonstration," U.S. officials said today.

Entire Article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32198-2003Apr24.html

2. It's get's worse. They are a gang of criminals.

WSJ 4-23- 04 “Heroin Busts Point to Source Of Funds for North Koreans.”

3. Looks like we'll get another deck of playing cards shortly.

4. Josh_B

Josh_B

Another question is, why haven't we responded to this:

NK Missile Warhead Found in Alaska
    By Ryu Jin
    Staff Reporter

The warhead of a long-range missile test-fired by North Korea was found in the U.S. state of Alaska, a report to the National Assembly revealed yesterday.

``According to a U.S. document, the last piece of a missile warhead fired by North Korea was found in Alaska,¡¯¡¯ former Japanese foreign minister Taro Nakayama was quoted as saying in the report. ``Washington, as well as Tokyo, has so far underrated Pyongyang¡¯s missile capabilities.¡¯¡¯

03-04-2003 17:27

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200303/kt2003030417272311970.htm

This is a big deal. They have capability of producing additional nukes. Intelligence claims they have 3-4 already. And now they have demonstrated they can reach the homeland.

Isn't this enough of a provocation? Many may even consider this a flat out attack.

Josh

5. Gosh, Josh, ya think we should make a premptive nuclear attack on N. Korea... based on a newspaper story?

6. Josh_B

Josh_B

Ahhh I forgot that you only accept Ari Fleicher's statements as true. gggg max401...j/k.... if you don't like the info do you always have to shoot the source?

BTW, I don't recall asking for a nuclear response anywhere in my post.

Tenet: North Korea has ballistic missile capable of hitting U.S.

...While testifying at a Senate committee hearing in Washington, CIA Director George Tenet was asked whether North Korea had a ballistic missile capable of reaching the U.S. West Coast.

Before answering, Tenet turned to very quickly consult with aides sitting behind him.

"I think the declassified answer, is yes, they can do that," Tenet said. ....

....The 2001 report said North Korea's Taepo Dong 2 missile may be capable of hitting the West Coast of the United States, as well Alaska and Hawaii....

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/02/12/us.nkorea/

But seriously, what do you thing we should do?

peace

Josh

7. Uh, well, "seriously" Josh, aren't you the guy that posted all the "facts" on how the 9-11 terrorist airliner attack on the Pentagon was "in reality" a missile launched by the U.S. military?

8. FUCK YOU!

didn't see that one comin did you

9. Breakin' my heart... (sniff)...

10. Josh_B

Josh_B

Sorry max401....
    Apparently you are only interested in attacking people, and diverting from your own subject on this thread.

I'm not really interested in turning this into your pissing contest. I only posted info that may be of help on the North Korean issue, and to contribute to your thread.

Again if you do not like the sources or what they say, call them up and complain. No need to shoot the messenger(s).

Good luck with your endeavors.
    peace

Josh

#10     Apr 24, 2003