what should i be paying?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by zmiws, Feb 7, 2008.

1. I guess don from bright trading could give you a proper answer on this .
    I know he has always been helpfull answering question

#31     Feb 8, 2008
  2. Im sorry I just don't know as much as all you tradders about profit margins and true costs...LMAO....
    I have probably forgotten more then you guys put together know ...but hey...like i said...If you can get those rates TAKE them by all means..You should...but Im telling you from my experience, .003 per share with 100% payout is not a great model unless of course your one of the top 4 or 5 firms and have the volume to back it up....for instance...You give a trader .002 per share....what is your min and max from your clearing firm????

you don't think they are only going to charge 2 cents for 100 share lots do you? Oh no....usually there is a 10-15 cent min charge.....

#32     Feb 8, 2008
  3. Finally some truth out of your mouth.

#33     Feb 8, 2008
    #34     Feb 8, 2008
  5. I am having a hard time understanding your use of the english language. Who taught you how to put a sentence together?!

#35     Feb 8, 2008

6. your funny....I bet you are one of those morons who actually think: 1) their firm holds their $$ 2) that their firm actually gives them buying power and 3) that when you put up 10k you actually are getting 10:1 or 20:1 buying power with your own money???:p :p

#36     Feb 8, 2008
  7. What part don't you understand? the min and max? or are you just a douch bag who cannot contribute to a conversation so now your pointing our Grammar and spelling???

#37     Feb 8, 2008
  8. Dustin

Dustin

I might be one of said morons. Can you explain more.

#38     Feb 8, 2008
  9. Please tell me that this entire argument is because you screwed up the math? :confused:

#39     Feb 8, 2008
  10. I am really trying to figure out what you are arguing about when you say ".003 per share with 100% payout is not a great model unless of course your one of the top 4 or 5 firms and have the volume to back it up" In your opinion, what are the top 4 or 5 firms? On the one hand you say those rates are impossible, but on the other hand, they are completely reasonable if you work for a bigger firm. That is what I am gathering from your gibberish. You are just talking in circles to me, so I was asking, what do you mean? You must have an argument since you are very adamant about making a point.

From my experience, rates are lower than what you quote, all across the board, and I have traded with both a smaller firm and bigger firms. People have mentioned in the past, and I agree, that commissions should not be the only reason for joining a firm. One needs to take into account the whole package: commissions, speed of execution, reliabilty of software...etc...

just my two cents.

#40     Feb 8, 2008