What should be daily targets for a daytrader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by usman88, Jan 22, 2009.

1. usman88

usman88

I have a monthly target but Ive broken it down into daily targets for clarity and direction. The reason I dont trade after my target is acheived to avoid pitfalls as Ive mentioned earlier. I am more of a discretionary trade and dont really have a clear cut system therefore the more I stay in the market, the more chances of a losing trade.

Btw the daily target on Account #1 is $500 and on Account # 3 is $2000. Account 1 is for meeting monthly expenditures while Account 3 is for cuilding up capital

#11     Jan 25, 2009
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

1K a day will keep the bill collectors away.

Thats a reasonable minimum target for a smallish account trading the ES with 4 cars in approx 10 to 15k account.

Is that doable for a new trader? Absolutely not. There are a lot of dues to be paid first. Think about being a professional trader like any other professional, you must be able to get licensed, be proficient in your chosen field and have some scars to prove it.

fantastic race today inthe 24 Hours at Daytona, those guys paid their dues just to get a seat on a car. The candyman only gives out candy after you pay him/her first.

#12     Jan 25, 2009