What service or solution to track performance and establish a track record?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Laissez Faire, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Hi all.

Moving forward with my trading I'd love to establish an accurate track record.

Is there any kind of service or solution that would be universally accepted for that purpose?

Right now, I'm limited at broker statements and Excel which I'm not sure is up to par. My current broker do not have an eletronic portal which publishes any kind of trading statistics. Just daily/weekly/monthly statements in PDF.

I looked into FundSeeder earlier which seems good, but they do not support my current broker (Dorman / NT Brokerage).

Thanks in advance.

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you want to establish a track record to solicit funds you will need an accountant to audit your returns. That is they will take all your transactions and vet them and then write a statement stating your returns are accurate. You can have them do the calculations in the report.

otherwise. No one will believe you aren’t hiding some facts about your returns (like counting deposits as earnings, etc)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  3. virtusa

virtusa

4. Do you want this just for your personal use or do you hope to have something to gather assets to manage for a fee?

5. First and foremost for personal use, but obviously with the benefit that it could be worth something further down the line if I have something that's worth bragging about and which would be considered accurate and trustworthy.

6. Looks great, but they don't support my current broker. I could of course always switch broker, but I'm kind of happy where I'm at.

7. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

LF you will like this....

C2 actually had a pretty good trade tracking features. You can have it mirror your live IB account in a C2 sim account. Then you have a real record, and all the data consolidated. It works pretty good IB-> C2 only.

Comments about day trade & copy trade still stands though.

8. Thank you, Bad_Badness.

I was thinking maybe C2 would be a solution for this. Would it mirror my account 100% factoring in commissions and other fees too?

9. Overnight

Overnight

Why is that not enough? Anyone worth their salt would be able to tell what is faked and what is not.

Two words my boy..."Digital forensics".

#10     Jul 23, 2021