What serious alternatives are to QT?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by slowdown, Oct 1, 2006.

1. And please don't say E-signal -- it doesn't have half the capablities I need. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

2. quoting from Jerry

Just to dispell one big speculation - The news announcement has NO IMPACT on QuoteTracker integration with IB or other brokers. Same Quote and trading integration will be supported.

This goes for both registered and un-registered users.

Changes to the web site as far as broker names not being links is just that - marketing changes to the web site. Has NOTHING to do with QuoteTracker software functionality.

hope that clears things up and please email us with any other questions so we can resolve any other issues you may have ASAP.

3. I've always been happy with Sierra, though AmiBroker has its fans as well.

As far as the assurances regarding changes, Clearstation (and others) said the same thing when they were sold. In some cases, as with BigCharts, the changes have been minimal and MarketWatch has maintained pretty much a hands-off attitude. But questions, comments, suggestions are pretty much ignored.

In the end, freeware and shareware are not the best choices. Those days are pretty much gone. Better to go with whatever provides no more than what's needed and does it as inexpensively as possible. In my case, that's Sierra. And if you need a lot of support with whatever you're using, just move on.

LC

4. Thanks for the info on Sierra LC, I looked it over, it looks pretty decent "as is" AND allows for customized DLL's to be designed and implmented by a trader as they desire.

At this point I don't really need anymore help from the developers at QT, I'm pretty much set, but it's really good to know what other exits there are in the house ...

(but QT is still - and hopefully will remain - pretty good stuff)

Best Regards,

Jimmy Jam