What Sequester? $.5 Billion Sent To Palestinians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 24, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

The United States has quietly unblocked almost $500 million in aid to the Palestinian Authority which had been frozen by Congress for months, a top US official said Friday.

The news that the funds had finally been freed up came after US President Barack Obama met top Israeli and Palestinian leaders in a landmark visit to Israel and the West Bank earlier this week.

"To date, we have moved $295.7 million in fiscal year 2012 money… and $200 million in fiscal year 2013 assistance," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters.

The Obama administration also notified Congress in late February that it was seeking a further $200 million to fund US Agency for International Development (USAID) programs for the Palestinians, she said.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4360135,00.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...when we're not blowing up terrorists, we're sending them money we don't even have and had to borrow.

"Good Job Mr President"

3. pspr

pspr

Yeah, that's about it.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Oh wait. This is the enemy of my friend. So 'the enemy of my friend is my friend'?

Oh, hell, taxpayers are loaded. We'll just give everybody some money so they'll like us. They do like us? Right?

4. Doesn't matter, just give Obama a medal..any medal...uhmnnn..I noticed no one gave Obama the keys to the city of Chicago...Chicago..that wonderful town..they do things there...they don't do on Broadway....

5. pspr

pspr

I wonder why no one gives him a medal hanging on some piano wire around his neck?

6. Maybe we could get the Palestinians to loan it back to us so we could reopen those airports Obama closed.

Doesn't Obama realize that closing those airports could pose a real hardship for Saudi "students" who come here on his new automaitc visas to learn to fly commercial jets?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

At least they don't have to learn how to land the plane.

8. pspr

pspr

Well, they should get a discount from flight school if they don't need to know how to land.

I bet if the feds put an ad in the paper advertising jet flying lessons at a discount because no landing lessons were included, that they could round up all the terrorists cells in the country all at once.

9. wjk

wjk

Silence from the left. Where are all the fucking libs now? It infuriates me when I read this shit. Let's close our ATC towers but we got money to give to other countries, some who burn our flag.

10. pspr

pspr

AK - No Comment.
    RCG - No Comment.
    Spiker - No Comment.
    Big Arrow - No Comment.
    futurecurrents - No Comment.
    Ricter - No Comment.
    stu - No Comment.

#10     Mar 24, 2013