What screen recording software do you use

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hypo, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Adward

Adward

Besides the elements Bolimomo said above, reducing the recording frame rate can also reduce the file size of the screencast.

To improve your computer¡¯s performance during the screen-capture session, especially if you plan to capture the entire computer screen, reduce the screen resolution and color quality.

If you plan to capture full-motion video during your screen-capture session, disable your computer's hardware acceleration. That will make your computer runs more smoothly when in recording.

More tips for making good screen recording:
    http://www.sameshow.com/democreator/article/screencasting-tips.html

#11     Jun 24, 2009
  2. We use Camtasia for our clients. Check out our site to see some samples.

#12     Jun 24, 2009
  3. Been using Camtasia to record my trading desktop and my live voice narration through the headset.

Unfortunately, the video and audio go out of sync within a matter of minutes, progressively getting worse and worse.

I'm recording one 1920x1200 screen, tried all sorts of combos of video and audio encoding, disabling hw acceleration, recording a smaller screen size, but the video and audio always end up out of sync. This is on a new i7 Quad Core with 12GB RAM running XP Pro 64.

Anyone else experience this/have found a solution?

#13     Oct 20, 2009
  4. Try Windows Media Encoder, use the special codec for screens. Set ;)

#15     Oct 21, 2009
  5. The one built into OS X snowleopard works great.

#16     Oct 23, 2009
  6. yes, but unfortunatly not every software can be ran under MAC OS

#17     Oct 23, 2009