What`s your biggest tradeing blunder?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mwald, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Then stop peppering your threads with things like "My book goes into all the details, but... " You come across as a huckster, not a trader or as having anything to offer...

As I said previously, you are like nails on the blackboard. Why don't you ask Baron for a refund and stop tormenting this place?

Why must you try to actively contend for "ET Village Idiot" all the time?????

#31     Oct 13, 2007
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Took me a minute to get that. (when I shut down on Sat, I really shut down!) Thought you were one of his "fans".

#32     Oct 13, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

#33     Oct 13, 2007
  4. lost $1,000 on penny stock BICO...or BIKO (changed)...anyone know this?

#34     Oct 13, 2007
  5. did a options straddle on ORCL...moved about .23 cents and lost cash

#35     Oct 13, 2007
  6. OMG mwald so how was the camping trip? Great post and thread.

#36     Oct 13, 2007
  7. When I first started trading I was trading options on the Q's and OEX. Market was swinging back and forth with the Gulf War, SARS, mad cow disease etc.. I doubled my account the 1st month. Then in the 2nd month the NAZ went on a 10 day run and I started buying puts on the Q's and OEX after the 1st up day cause going contrary after a big up day had worked so well the 1st month. Like a fool I kept at it every few days. By the end of the 10 day run I had lost all the $ I made the 1st month. I fumed over missing a big move like that all summer and then when Saddam was captured, I was convinced it would set the market on a run and I wasn't going to miss it this time. I went long 50 contracts on the Q's at the open, and watched as they started to tank. I put in a protective stop and it blew right through it with no execution, put in another and it tanked through that. Turned out my broker IB was having computer problems and couldn't execute on the Q's. By the time I realized what was going on, I was down $3000 and couldn't bring myself to call in and take the loss. After 2 more down days and only 2 days til expiration I cashed out with a $5000 loss. And then the next day the market took off like a rocket and I was too befuddled to go back in.

#37     Oct 14, 2007
  8. nonam

nonam

Back when the 2000 tech bubble was starting to break.I was watching a software stock when it jumped off a cliff.I dont remember what stock it was now,I think because subconsciously I want to forget.This stock was up in the mid forties and a it was down to the mid thirties in a few minutes and I got the brilliant idea it was going to bounce.I went long two thousand shares and it did bounce three dollars and if I had been quick I could have made six thou in a couple of minutes.But I was greedy.Then it jumped off the cliff again.Fear gripped me and I paniced and hit the wrong button and........DOUBLED MY POSITION.And my panic continued as I tried to catch a bid about three times before I realised the only way out was a market order.I lost more than 30k by the time I got out.:mad:

#38     Oct 14, 2007
  9. I traded 20 minute delayed quotes for about week before I realized I could bring up a real time screen. I'd put in a limit order and what I thought was a "good fill" only to realize 20 minutes later the stock was tanking. I wasn't risking much at the time so, no harm no foul.

#39     Oct 14, 2007
  10. mwald

mwald

I had a lot on my mind during the drive to the mountains but let it go once we got there. There is nothing like good times with family and friends to heal the mind.

#40     Oct 15, 2007