What"s The Problem With Cybertrade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by polopo, Mar 29, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

Hmm,

I doubt that the "router" was the problem. With dynamic IP, you often get your IP reallocated and assigned a new one. The Firewall on the other end probably got confused, or possibly even the software.

Another possibility is that static IP's are treated far more seriously by the ISP. I have two DSL lines, one dynamic one static. The difference between the two is night and day.

nitro

#21     Apr 2, 2002
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Although I previously had a dynamic IP address, it rarely changed (I would check it intermittently and was surprised it was almost always the same). Problem, as best as I could tell, was that it was fed to the WAN side of the router, and the computers were hooked to the LAN side, with the router assigning "internal" IP addresses to each computer. Cyber couldn't "see" those IP addresses, so it had trouble maintaining steady communications between it's servers and my computers. Spoke to their Level 2 tech support many times, they told me it was a known problem.....er.....ah.....feature of their system.

At their recommendation I got two static IP addresses, started using my router as a Switch (since it didn't have 2 in-ports), then Cyber was able to see each computer fine. When I switched to Realtick (who doesn't permit multiple logons) I went back to using it as a router, since it had some features that I wanted and couldn't use when it was a Switch (i.e., hardware firewall, print server).

As to your second point that static IP's may be treated more seriously by my ISP, I've got no argument there, probably true.

#22     Apr 3, 2002