what real time scanner can do this?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 5, 2001.

1. i'm looking for a real time scanner that i could make custom scans with. for example, i would like to do something like this:

-yesterday's 5 day simple moving average is less than the previous day's
    -today, stock is trading above yesterday's 5 day simple moving average
    -other basic price and volume criteria

what scanners could do this?

thanks!

2. Vishnu

Vishnu

wealth-lab.com could do it. Just write the script, run it against whatever basket of stocks you want and it will show you the stocks that fit your scan.

I've been using this software for about 3 months and I keep getting more impressed with it.

3. I think that Tradestation 2000i would easily do that sort of scanning conditional to a set of conditions.

4. vishnu,

wealth-lab doesn't scan in real time, does it?

5. kenstl

kenstl

datek's RT scanner will do all of this very quickly for free, provided you have an account with them.

6. Quite a lot of choices ...

NeoTicker :cool:
    RavenQuote
    Investor/RT

All requires some sort of subscription to a datafeed though.

7. Look at www.insight-trading.com too. Their real-time scans are pretty fast. But I'm not sure if they sell to individuals--you'd have to ask.

8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Just checked, yes they sell to individuals. Here's their pricing:

INSIGHT trading software is rented on a monthly basis. License fees start at $250 per month. All new INSIGHT software licenses require a one-time setup and training payment of $500. Billing is done each quarter and payment is due in advance.

Might be a good service, don't know. But it seems a bit pricey, particularly the setup fees.

9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

at www.neovest.com. Their realtime scanner can do just about anything if you can program it. It should have no problem doing what you request.

It can keep up with more symbols than any scanner I'm aware of for complex scans.

10. neoadam

neoadam

First Alert can do it no problem

#10     Mar 4, 2002