What RAM brands do you trust on your trading PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by a529612, Apr 18, 2007.

1. What i have seen; is not the memory defect; but people have improperly installed them; one mistake is that they often touch these contacts pins with their bare hand. Long story short; just use some industrial standard cleaner; and reinstall the memory sticks back into slot; will often solve these problem.

If you in PC business long enough; you see the opportunities every time when they have brought their computer in your store. Just like any car shop; i guarantee they can point out some flaws out of your car.

#11     Apr 20, 2007
  2. I have a somewhat related question, please indulge.

I just noticed my RAM is not showing the full 1 gig it is showing 894? What could cause this? I had MOBO recently replaced by a good Dell tech.

I ask because if I call Dell they will spend 60 minutes on the phone removing RAM before they will answer anything.

#12     Apr 20, 2007
  3. Most likely integrated graphics using up the system memory. Try to have it turned off if you have a vid card.

#13     Apr 20, 2007
  4. Depend your computer system; Integrated VGA (integrated video on motherboard) has often shared with the main memory; which cause the main memory count less than it appears. Example; 1024MB - 128MB (shared for video) = 896MB

You can change this setting through BIOS setup process.

#14     Apr 20, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

MAYBE you can change, if BIOS allows....

#15     Apr 20, 2007
  6. Thanks I will give a go now.

#16     Apr 20, 2007
  7. Well that didn't work, guess I will call Dell.

#17     Apr 20, 2007
  8. Mushkin quality is unbeatable.

#18     Apr 27, 2007
  9. oliseh19

oliseh19

Have you heard of Supertalent,the subsidiary brand of Ma Labs. Supertalent is a growing brand,now the global marketshare of it is 6th. http://www.kingston.com/company/marketshare.asp
    Supertalent has more than 20 years experience is ram manufacturering,even longer than Kingston. Supertalent ram make by Samsung IC chips with lifetime warranty. Price is middle level,this will be your best choice. If you are interested in,please contact me at jacky@supertalent.com.cn

#19     May 22, 2007