What qualifactions do you need to trade in the UK?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by camil7, Aug 8, 2009.

  1. camil7


    Hi Guys,

    I'm looking at getting a trading job in the UK, though I am unsure of any qualifications I may need in order to do so. I have read about this FSA but I do not know if I would come under it or not.

    If I were to get a job I would be looking at futures trading for a hedge fund or bank and possibly FX spot.

    I am currently Series 3 qualified as per the NFA regulations but am not sure if I need any other qualifications in the UK?

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
  2. If your employer is regulated by the FSA and you'll be performing a controlled function, you will need to be registered with the FSA. However, ever since MiFID superseded, you actually won't need to pass any FSA examinations. This is what I know, but you'd best check with some sort of a compliance person.