What prop firm is best for automated trading?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Nofear777, May 20, 2010.

1. Best ,in terms of, speed, software package.

I know next to nothing about automated trading, (although I have been doing my own research over the www , I am still clueless).

but are there any prop firms that load your programs on their servers which are close to the exchange so you can go fast! ?

Do I need to purchase these programs?

Thank you in advance for any information on this subject.

2. jeffweng

jeffweng

I would suggest you to look into Lime. They are really fast and automated trading is all they do.

Also, Assent's Anvil is a strong, fast platform for automated trading. You need to program in C++ though.

If you trade many different instruments on many markets, IB would be your best choice. Their API is well documented and straight-forward.

Just personal experience.
    Hope it would help.

3. Thanks for the reply. Too bad about anvil as they are shuttering their prop/retail desk in a month or so.

Never heard of lime. Also do you or anyone know anything about echopro and its automated trading? How does it compare to the rest?

4. EchoPro is EchoTrade's rebrand of Sterling and has an API many use for automated trading. There is a connector for TradeLink that simplifies many of the mundane tasks of system testing and deployment:
    http://tradelink.googlecode.com/

I think some firm should be set up to cater to automated traders with a programming background. I know there are little fiefdoms set up that do this within some of the prop firms, but I'd like to see a standardized approach with relatively low barrier to entry.

5. jeffweng

jeffweng

Yes I also heard of the news about Anvil, but who knows what's going to happen. Maybe it will be bought by some other firms.

Here is a link to Lime's website, you might find something over there.
    http://www.limebrokerage.com/

Never heard of echopro, maybe someone on the forum can give a advice on it.

6. Thanks again.

Im going to give lime a call. Not sure they would deal with small prop guy like me . Wont hurt to call them and try.

Btw if anyone has any experience with automated trading and can give me some advice like this, I appreciate it much.

And given the chance will repay the favour.