What problems are you having with latest TWS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JangoFolly, Apr 13, 2007.

1. I have charting problems with TWS build 871.3 using Java 1.5.0_11. Charts worked well for a few days, then off to customer service , they had me dowgrade my Java from the newer 6 to the present . The Charts still did not work, disconnected personal firewall, charts worked. A few days earlier same problem but while firewall was enabled "restore settings" did the trick.
    once again I am without charting- went to customer service- they asked me a couple of questions and left the chat without telling me , still no charting and they cannot tell me why. I've only used their charting now for about 1 month- about one week of trying to get it to work properly , nothing that they recommend seems to work.

#61     May 3, 2007
  2. This indicates SERVER-RELATED problems...which you cannot control....neither thru upgrading or downgrading. They indicate that these problems have been resolved....and were hardware-related. Keep us posted of your experience moving forward from today. All SHOULD be well.

#62     May 3, 2007
  3. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Just to clarify, a single instance of TWS can support one Excel (DDE) client and multiple Socket/ActiveX clients.

#63     May 8, 2007
  4. However, for performance reasons, could I not have TWO instances of TWS running, each with one (or more) ActiveX/Socket API attached clients, and each TWS using a different port ? Example: one API app is running fully automated on one workstation, and the other is running on a separate workstation in manual mode.

#64     May 8, 2007
  5. Good of you to address me old Chap, highly Professional. However the problem persists and has affected not only Charting but the Scanner feature as well (continuous "Loading") . My main data page and the order entry all performing as they always have- quite well.
    When I choose SSL to login I am often rejected and must uncheck the box in order to login. Thanks again:)

#65     May 8, 2007
  6. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

Update:

1) we've identified an issue in TWS 871 where it mistakenly alerts the user to the "HMDS disconnect" when one has a line chart that is kept up-to-date. Since the line charts are not using the backend 5-second bars, the disconnect is done because the connection is not used, and does not affect the chart (ie the line chart keeps updating). TWS 872 beta corrects the problem.

2) we are suspecting a certain security-related setting on the backend could have caused the backfill problems that started on May 2nd. For today, the setting has been reverted to old value: please post or PM me if you are still experiencing the same problem.

Thanks!

#66     May 9, 2007
  7. Quartz

Quartz

In regards to "order would cross related resting order"

Samaritan. The bug is back, at least for me today May 9th, when
    trading ES today. (It shows up when using a Stop Limit order
    that is live (say to sell) and then when one tries to buy more ie
    to add to a long position at a price _well_ above the stop
    trigger price - it will not allow any additional buys if they are
    above the stop _limit_ price which of course is a bug)

Thanks for reading.

#67     May 9, 2007
  8. Quartz

Quartz

fwiw Samaritan _promptly_ replied to me in a PM about the
    issue and is fixing it. Thank you IB.

#68     May 9, 2007