What problems are you having with latest TWS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JangoFolly, Apr 13, 2007.

1. This is good work, but two things:
    1) what steps has IB technical management taken to insure this won't happen (or a similar hardware issue) in the future ?
    2) I was told two (or more) copies of TWS can exist on the same machine (or network) as long as the port numbers were different. Has support for this configuration changed or has this dual set-up been shown to have reliability problems ?

#51     May 2, 2007
  2. But only if logged into different accounts, I believe. Only one login per account.

#52     May 2, 2007
  3. Everything running smoothly for me last couple of days. No pinkouts and basket trader issues appear resolved. Wow!

Happy camper today.

#53     May 2, 2007
  4. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

This setup works as long as those two or more copies of TWS log into different sessions (use different usernames). Each username can only be used by one TWS or one WebTrader session at any given time.

I am not in the position to answer your other question, but I will relay it to the appropriate managers.

#54     May 2, 2007
  5. Bob111

Bob111

no disconnections/login problems here.
    the only new thing i notice today,when i tried to place order is new pop up saying-
    "order would cross related resting order"
    have no idea what it's mean and never seen this one before.
    can anyone from IB explain,what it mean?

Thank you!

#55     May 2, 2007
  6. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

This was due to a problem with new compliance code we are rolling out. It was deactivated.

#56     May 2, 2007
  7. Believe it or not, the above is a little bit SCARY. Are you guys trialing/beta-testing this stuff BEFORE rollout ? I mean, do you have a hard-core group of users/advocates who will spend the time trying your new releases before the masses get them ?

#57     May 2, 2007
  8. This doesn't jive with what the API forum has been telling me. They've been saying if I want separate instances, say of Excel, one running a certain set of stocks, and another instance of Excel running futures, that each instance should be logging on with the same account, but different PORTS, and one with a clientID of say "77", the other with "0". The "0" instance can see all trades posted by "77" and itself.
    CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS STRAIGHT ?

#58     May 2, 2007
  9. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

My comment was about multiple TWS copies for a single user. Each TWS instance running on a machine can accept many API clients (Excel or others), as long those API clients use distinct clientIDs. Hope this clarifies it, thanks.

#59     May 2, 2007
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

Trouble with TWS version 871.3. Today, I upgraded TWS from 870.2 to 871.3 and found my single chart disconnected from the server after TWS had been opened for about 5 to 6 minutes. I could refresh the chart and after 5 to 6 minutes the chart would again disconnect. I downgraded TWS back to version 870.2 and have had no chart disconnections.

Catoosa

#60     May 3, 2007