What problems are you having with latest TWS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JangoFolly, Apr 13, 2007.

1. I have never downgraded so I couldn't tell you.

#31     Apr 16, 2007

2. As of this morning, I'm still having this problem intermittently (though less frequently than last week).

Anyone else?

#32     Apr 17, 2007
  3. Not one disconnect this week so far.... (aside from the normal midnight deal)

#33     Apr 17, 2007
  4. yes,in the morning for a minute.usually between 7:30-800 am mtn

#34     Apr 17, 2007
  5. Sponger

Sponger

I too experience the "pink-out" on an all too regular basis. And it only happens when I have a position on - LOL

#35     Apr 18, 2007
  6. I'm still experiencing this same problem (pink outs). IB, can you please update us on the status of the fix?

Thank you.

#36     Apr 19, 2007
  7. From IB tech support chat just now....

Kevin P: I spoke with a manager, and was told this issue is still being investigated, as of now no exact ETA, but we will update Elite Trader with any new info as it becomes available...

#37     Apr 19, 2007
  8. Samaritan,

One thing I've noticed when these "outages" occur, is that when TWS comes back online after 5-10 seconds, all the filled orders and other garbage that was on the basket trader pages disappears which is is good. In other words, under normal use of the basket trader, after one clicks the "transmit" button for say 40 symbols, 4-5 order lines often get stuck and do not go away even though the orders were filled. But these remaining "order lines" screw up the basket page totals!

Anyway, whenever these "disconnects/reconnects" happen, I notice that all basket trader pages are once again cleaned of old garbage which is the only positive out of this mess.

#38     Apr 26, 2007
  9. dhpar

dhpar

this is amazing - for 2 weeks a major problem and still no progress.
    Today I lost few pennies due to this problem because I submitted an order based on "stale" market data - really annoying...

#39     Apr 26, 2007

10. This use to happen to me all the time, seems it happened when I would have a good size position on, I finally got sick of it, and I never did like their order entry software, so I left IB.

TWS is the most outdated order entry platform on the market. Just wait till they go public, guaranteed rate increase on the way.

#40     Apr 26, 2007