What problems are you having with latest TWS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JangoFolly, Apr 13, 2007.

1. cscott

cscott

IB has a good platform, but too many updates and bells and whistles. The only problems I've noticed are the usual charts not updating or disconnects from their market data server. To be honest though, the disconnects have been less frequent lately than they use to be, and all brokers suffer from this problem - some more than others. I wish they'd fix their freaking charts though!

#21     Apr 16, 2007
  2. Yet again why I wont use their charts... Slow and crappy...

#22     Apr 16, 2007
  3. SierraChart or Ensign are good charting options to go with IB. Both excellent in their own ways.

#23     Apr 16, 2007
  4. I use Investor RT. Great charts and supports the API and data feeds from IB.

#24     Apr 16, 2007
  5. cscott

cscott

Well, I use QT charts, but I'd prefer to use charts on the same platform. Don't know why IB can't or won't fix them. Maybe they are still working on them. I hope so.

#25     Apr 16, 2007
  6. I like the separation. QT = Quote Tracker?? If so, they are cool, I like Investor Much Better. Infinitely configurable.... QT had some limitations I didn't like, though the cost was appealing. :)

#26     Apr 16, 2007
  7. cscott

cscott

yes. QT = QuoteTracker. I really wish IB had bought them.

#27     Apr 16, 2007
  8. I couldn't tell you how 870 is. I'm stuck on 867. When I tried to upgrade a while back I got an error from the installer claiming that I had the latest version already. I'll just stay on this version until there's a need to upgrade I suppose, then I'll have to figure out how to upgrade tws. I dunno, maybe uninstall it and reinstall.

#28     Apr 16, 2007
  9. When you are ready, go the IB website and download the latest version directly, no need to uninstall.

:)

#29     Apr 16, 2007
  10. fhl

fhl

When you use firefox or IE and download the previous version from website, it will just update from the version you are currently using? Even if you didn't use a browser to download the version you are now using?

#30     Apr 16, 2007