What problems are you having with latest TWS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JangoFolly, Apr 13, 2007.

1. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

We recently found a problem on our backend server software that was causing mass disconnects. This has been fixed. However, there is still a less severe disconnect problem that we are currently investigating. The disconnect will cause the TWS screen to go pink and in some cases freeze the market data. We are working feverishly to find and correct this problem.

#11     Apr 13, 2007
  2. Good to know and glad to hear it.

#12     Apr 13, 2007
  3. Thank you for being forthcoming about this issue. I'm an IB fan, but I think the organization should have spoken a little sooner through a TWS notify (similar to when an exchange is down, etc.) to make users aware of the problem as soon as IB became aware. Problems like this can cause real customers to lose real money. Most people are accepting that these things happen from time to time, and the associated losses are just part of the game; however, that philosophical attitude goes hand-in-hand with the assumption that IB will be forthcoming about technical issues that might affect its customers, even if you don't make as much in commissions that day because traders are standing aside.

Is there an expected time that this will be fixed, and will it involve a TWS update or is it strictly on the server side?

Thanks again.

#13     Apr 13, 2007
  4. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

At this point, we are still trying to find the cause.

#14     Apr 13, 2007
  5. Please be sure to update this thread when it is fixed.

Thank you.

#15     Apr 13, 2007
  6. not that i care much since i dont look at them but volumes on charts wont show up on my mac on the latest build...the show/hide volume icon is lite grey and "un-clickable".

#16     Apr 13, 2007
  7. I had this 'feeling' that the new version would have problems so I decided to wait.

Good thing I didn't upgrade. The previous version (868.3) has been working fine all the time.

I can't believe IB doesn't test new TWS versions for a month or two minimum before releasing them.

Strange and costly indeed. I have heard customers complain about this issue for a long time...

I truly respect IB, but this is out of character.

#17     Apr 13, 2007
  8. op7,

If you didn't get these two problems with the old version of software than you wouldn't have got it with the latest version either. It was a "backend server" problem and lots of people on 870.x didn't see it at all either.

I applaud the conservativism of sticking with older versions but in this case it didn't make a difference.

#18     Apr 13, 2007
  9. Thanks kiwi. It isn't about conservatism, but more like waiting for the second year model to come out after all the bugs have been fixed....type of thing.

I have lost money because of upgrades...I take them very seriously.

#19     Apr 13, 2007
  10. Any software that has had 870 major versions has got to be good. :D

#20     Apr 13, 2007