What problems are you having with latest TWS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JangoFolly, Apr 13, 2007.

1. I'm running 870.2. In the past couple of weeks, I've had several TWS "pink-outs", where the TWS and booktrader grid go pink, but TWS is not trying to log me in again. The data in booktrader is still being refreshed, but any orders placed or cancelled do not go through to the exchange and orders filled do not register until the pink-out is over.

I thought that this was an internet connectivity problem, as I've been having such problems as of late; however, the one I just had this morning was not an internet problem.

I've seen comments on various threads citing lost connection problems with recent versions of TWS. If you've had such problems, are they similar to the one I described above? What is the last stable version of TWS with no such problems?

Thank you.

2. nassau

nassau

I personally run 865, some of the other traders run newer version.
    when I have the above noted issue I have to shut down tws and reboot once or twice.
    happened to me this morning and after 2 reboots is working fine.

w

3. bump

4. Oddly, I had the same problem today, however I watched the price update via BookTrader and it perfectly Matched my DTN data feed through Investor RT..

Overall it lasted about 10 seconds. Dont know what it was about...

I wasnt trying to place orders however..

Only happened that one time. Nothing since..

5. What version of TWS are you on?

6. 870.2

7. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

They are working on this issue as we speak.

8. Any more detail??? What it is, what it means?? My TWS wasn't trying to do a re-login either....

9. Yes, please elaborate. The IB rep I spoke to this morning talked like this was the most normal thing in the world and could be attributed to a number of different reasons.

It just happened again while I was typing this message. Out for 15 secs. then back.

Do you know what the last stable release was?

Thank you.

10. Just did it again at 12:56 for about 10 seconds.... Hmmm Somethings afoot...

#10     Apr 13, 2007