What price to buy Lehman?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cutten, Sep 10, 2008.

1. oriol88

oriol88

ueee, leh in a financial bubble, up 25%

#41     Sep 11, 2008
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

didnt want to hold into a beat down...peace

edit.....barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf

#42     Sep 11, 2008
  3. oriol88

oriol88

going up like the seconds in the clock

#43     Sep 11, 2008
  4. Covered for slightly over a point on my piker 300.

#44     Sep 11, 2008
  5. Daal

Daal

At this point I would be surprised if fuld capitulated and sold the whole thing. talk about being a contrarian, this guy is fearless, he doesn't care if he singlehandly sends the vix to 40. looks like he will only sell the stuff on his terms even if he loses his job

#45     Sep 11, 2008
  6. BAC $12.50

#46     Sep 11, 2008
  7. Darshan

Darshan

Lehman just came out and said they have no desire for gov't intervention.. then rumors came out about the gov't sale of leh through a consortium.. hmm lets read between the lines folks...

#47     Sep 11, 2008
  8. Daal

Daal

given what happened to BSC there is no fking way shareholders approve a deal below $4 a share. so the buyers know they might be able to push the fed around by demanding backstops but LEH shareholders know they can push the buyer around by demanding a higher price. at $2b-$3b market cap I think LEH is a little too low. they can probably find a buyer for $8b-$10b
    another difference between this and fre fnm is that the SEC or the Fed doesn't have the legal authority to take them over. whatever they do they need consent of the management, so they need to convince fuld and the board to capitulate with NO liquidity problem

#48     Sep 12, 2008
  9. didnt BSC got to 10 or 12 and then stay there?

same think could happen LEH

#49     Sep 12, 2008
  10. One of the most insightful comments on this thread.

Lehmans debt to capital ratio is 2300+%. This means they have 23 times the liabilities of their equity.

I think you'd have to be a moron to buy this company, because the whole theme of the financial crisis is a leverage problem, and Lehman is no different in that regard.

$0? I don't know. Neuberger is worth something.

Say they do sell their only performing asset, then what are you left with? A bunch of cash to invest in other non-performing investments. Not good.

http://www.themarketchatter.blogspot.com

#50     Sep 12, 2008