What price to buy Lehman?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cutten, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Definetly penny stock pink sheets.

#11     Sep 10, 2008
  2. a single share of LEH wont buy an oz of silver.

and LEH is a piker compared to the others.

Joe12Pack has no clue as to what is happening

#12     Sep 10, 2008
  3. LEH has probably tapped the discount window to satisfy the flood of money in accounts fleeing the company.

At some point Bernanke or Paulson is going to have to put them out of their misery.

#13     Sep 10, 2008
  4. It depends on the leverage.

#14     Sep 10, 2008
  5. I bought LEH during the close today. maybe a bit early but with today and the last two days before it I felt there is blood on the street. (of course another 40% drop will make the blood a lot more red)

With all the panic selling and the news out today I think we could see a nice retrace in price before the end of this week and I would not be surprised if we see it tomorrow.

As is usually the case, stocks bottom on bad news not good news.

#15     Sep 10, 2008
  6. well, the good news right now is they have unlimited access to capital via discount window...

#16     Sep 10, 2008
  7. considering the past 3 days, and the current price in the 6s. Not the worst trade....i would probably sold some covered calls though to capture the iv, instead of just long the underlying.

#17     Sep 11, 2008
  8. dsq

dsq

I dont recall any financial stock this year that has recovered from this type of catastrophy. ie:bsc,fnm,fre,cfc,wm,tma ....etc...
    Once they take the plunge they seem doomed although ambac and wachovia had a nice bounce.

#18     Sep 11, 2008
  9. Maybe Lehman will start a new clothing and fragrance line for some revenue. Actually try selling something that's worth more than the cost of production.

#19     Sep 11, 2008
  10. I have absolutely no idea why people are chasing after these potential value traps! You don't have to pick bottoms to get rich. In fact, you will end up losing your shirt doing it. Think long term folks. Think slow and steady.

Financial engineering has its best days behind it (same goes for housing, AG stocks, etc...)

Time to think about what sector will boom next. There is always at at least one.

#20     Sep 11, 2008