What prevents liberals from seeing truth?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gastropod, Jan 29, 2014.

1. I find the scorecard I put up cool. It is lopsided - and the libs can't explain it away.

#11     Jan 30, 2014
  2. You asked how I defend Reagan. I don't! I think he was a lying sack of crap as well. You are correct - the debt went up like crazy under Reagan AND THE LIBERAL CONGRESS of that era.

You still haven't admitted that Odumbo is a liar. You should also admit that Dan Quayle looks like Einstein compared to Odumbo and Biden!

#12     Jan 30, 2014
  3. No question that conservatives are stupider and more ignorant than liberals. This has been shown by multiple studies.

Perhaps the best single indicator of just how stupid righties are is their denial of man made global warming. Another good one is their denial of evolution.

One only look at the idiot righties on this board for proof.

#13     Jan 30, 2014
  4. The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice, Hodson wrote in an email to LiveScience.

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

#14     Jan 30, 2014
  5. It is by no means the first such paper. There is plenty of research showing that low general intelligence in childhood predicts greater prejudice towards people of different ethnicity or sexuality in adulthood. Open-mindedness, flexibility, trust in other people: all these require certain cognitive abilities. Understanding and accepting others – particularly "different" others – requires an enhanced capacity for abstract thinking.

But, drawing on a sample size of several thousand, correcting for both education and socioeconomic status, the new study looks embarrassingly robust. Importantly, it shows that prejudice tends not to arise directly from low intelligence but from the conservative ideologies to which people of low intelligence are drawn. Conservative ideology is the "critical pathway" from low intelligence to racism. Those with low cognitive abilities are attracted to "rightwing ideologies that promote coherence and order" and "emphasise the maintenance of the status quo". Even for someone not yet renowned for liberal reticence, this feels hard to write.

http://www.alternet.org/story/154082/conservatism_thrives_on_low_intelligence_and_poor_information

#15     Jan 30, 2014
  6. Whoa now Nellie, let's don't get too carried away.

#16     Jan 30, 2014
  7. CORRECTAMUNDO! Reagan effectively resolved the conflict, "Guns or Butter". He opted for BOTH! Just borrow and run deficits... then you don't have to choose, you can have both. (Yeah, for a while... until the debt SHTF.)

:(

#17     Jan 30, 2014
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Your 6th grade-or less-grammar doesn't help your government-loving cause, I assure you... Btw, Libs "then" (not long ago!!!!) despised big government, didn't trust the government, and raised Hell demanding Constitutional freedoms. Libs today whole heartedly support a completely broken government which has shown itself to be more of a danger, than an aid to We The People as INTENDED AND WRITTEN! You should REALLY think about what YOU stand for, NOT who you "stand" for...

#18     Jan 30, 2014
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#19     Jan 30, 2014
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'd gladly put myself up against you in an IQ test if you'd like. We can make it official, and put money on it.

#20     Jan 30, 2014