What posts make the true old pros laugh?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by patch227, Dec 14, 2005.

1. TGregg

TGregg

I haven't been around that long, but I thought MR.MARKET was pretty entertaining, and definitely not in a "Laugh With Him" way.

#21     Dec 14, 2005
  2. It might've took 7-5 years back in the day for someone to be a pro or to reach a level of expertise and to extract profits from the market. But, the times are different and the technologies available a lot better that it shouldn't take someone more than 2 years, or at the very least 3 years to reach the level of an expert.

#22     Dec 14, 2005
  3. :eek:

I would agree with you if the psychology of trading wasn't still 99% of the battle. But it is.

#23     Dec 14, 2005
  4. Not more than 2, but not less than 3?
    :confused:

#24     Dec 14, 2005
  5. I agree........99% of ET posters use an alias. Why not use their real name? What are they ashamed of?

#25     Dec 14, 2005
  6. TWMPMM

TWMPMM

totally agree Mr. Guest. :D

#26     Dec 14, 2005
  7. Call me Uninvited. I prefer to go by my first name.

#27     Dec 14, 2005
  8. Once again this lad is talking his "book". He stated in no uncertain terms how much he has lost in the past 2 years. So he is essentially saying that he HOPES by next year he is an expert.

#28     Dec 14, 2005
  9. Cheese,

(1) Only kidding: Cheese can't be a Pro as he hangs around too much at ET's (Cheese said so :) );
    (2) Let me add, don't forget that you play against the best brains money can buy. So these admonitions by Cheese make quite some sense;
    (3) As to "PRO's" loitering at ET's, firstly, I don't believe in "PRO's". In fact a lot of what passes for it often cuts corners by having access to either information or trading not available to the "unprivileged"; secondly, I think that it is extremely interesting to regularly visit ET as it enables one to continuously gauge those few more nimble traders as well as that almost uncountable indispensable flock of the less nimble;
    (4) The truly unsupportable ones are those science & math clowns. Not that nononsense doesn't have any respect for science & mathematics. Much to the contrary. I only hate those pretentious impostors and quacks. :D

nononsense

#29     Dec 14, 2005
  10. I meant 2 years at the very least and if not, no more than 3 years.

It took me 3 yrs since I started lurking on the ET boards, or 2 years of trading.

#30     Dec 14, 2005