What posts make the true old pros laugh?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by patch227, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Cheese

Cheese

What posts make the true old pros laugh?

Frankly there aren't any pros on EliteTrader. Serious professionals exploiting the market wouldn't be wasting their time jacking around shooting off their mouths with a lot of the half baked stuff on EliteTrader. Nor would they even want to be associated with the assortment of 'wannabes' and 'over-the-hill' participants on EliteTrader, either mediocre or most often doomed.

If you are an independent trader or trying to be an independent trader it is because you've failed in your attempt to become a well paid office stiff. That is about where its at. It is pretty obvious from all the posing and puffed up horsesh*t that fills ET threads.

For all the very many frail egos at ET what I've said is going to be hit on as negative. The answer is: get real.

Is there anything positive? Yes. You cannot win unless you dedicate yourself to and immerse yourself in the complete study and analysis of the market you are playing in or want to play in. This will take time and involve a hell of a lot of work. There are no edges. There are no 'fixes' or series of 'fixes' to make you a winner. For some or many, it is or will be beyond their temperament or capabilities or both.

So for 2006:
    Happy Trading.
    :)

#11     Dec 14, 2005
  2. I laugh at the "traders" with thousands of posts who, when you look back at their writings, probably haven't had a profitable month in their life. Yet they're always first in line to give advice.

The other comedians are those who may have mastered one small part of the trading spectrum - maybe they had a good week trading futures - and assume that their expertise expands the entire universe of trading activities. How often have we seen someone ask a valid question, only to be inundated with advice before even determining what the poster is trading, how they are trading, what timeframe they're trading, and what their level of experience is.

And again, of course, those first in line with such advice are those with the thousands of posts who couldn't find a profit if it was hand delivered to them.

#12     Dec 14, 2005
  3. Thank you for that riveting self-assessment.

#13     Dec 14, 2005
  4. patoo

patoo

Exactly, Cheese, speak for urself!

#14     Dec 14, 2005
  5. Cheese

Cheese

Thunderdog, try and get real.

#15     Dec 14, 2005
  6. There is an element of truth in your earlier post, however, I do not think that it applies across the board as you imply. If it did, then my earlier comment to you would be an irrefutable fact. You decide.

#16     Dec 14, 2005
  7. RNRBAND

RNRBAND

patch227

01-31-05 07:36 PM

A friend of mine is looking for investor/s to fund his trading account.

Have any of you ever had experience of this? What kind of deals have you done?

Thanks

LOL

#17     Dec 14, 2005
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

The above statement couldn't be more wrong! Perhaps some aspiring traders fit that mold. But some independent traders made (i.e saved) enough $$ from their corporate jobs and left to pursue trading, at least I did (10 years ago) and am still at it. Lots of people have goals in life and when they achieve them they move on to a new challenge. Some people aspire to more than some corporate job, whether it be saving up money to buy a small business or enter some other entrepreneurial endeavor, including trading.

#18     Dec 14, 2005
  9. Verdais

Verdais

Wow. What do I find funny... people who come on ET and say that there are no "pro" traders on here. What do you have to do to be considered a pro? Tremendous volume? Be paid commision and salary to trade someone else's cash? Have a huge pile of your own cash to trade? Do you have to be a market-maker? Is it how much money you make? How much? Half a million, a million, several million? I gaurantee you there are people who fit these bills on Elitetrader. If the only person you consider a pro is somebody working for a hedgefund then I never want to be pro. Work 12 hours a day everyday in the hopes you will hit your mark so you can collect all of your winnings at the end of the year. No thank you. I'll take my schedule when I want it and my winnings as soon as they are realized thank you very much.

And no, not everyone has to immerse themselves in the complete study and analysis of the market they are in. I have been cranking out profits consistently for five years in my product and I still haven't read one book or learned how to do any kind of analysis. Hell, I'm still totally confused by most of the lingo that you guys use in posts. Just watch your product and pay attention. The market will tell you everything you need to know.

Okay, that kind of sounded like a rant, but I just get sick of people coming on here and making huge generalizations about the kind of people on this site and the kind of person you have to be to successfully trade.

Happy trading.

#19     Dec 14, 2005
  10. ktm

ktm

I've been trading for 20 years.

I see a lot of guys like Cheese on this board. Guys who like the previous poster said, like to make generalizations about who is/isn't here and the way things need to be for the trading world to be squared away. In a way I find his sort of post
    funny, but it's sad in a way because it takes the place down.

There is a lot to sort through on this site to get to real value, both for people who joined yesterday and those who have been here for years.

It doesn't really matter if you are hanging out in the Goldman ivory tower in your Brooks Bros suit, or sitting at home scratching your sac with the hand that isn't typing. This is about trading and making money. That's what brings us here together.

I think some might be genuinely surprised at some of the names on this site. There are some highly respected individuals and seriously profitable traders who post here.

#20     Dec 14, 2005