What percentage of people on ET are morons or full of BS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cpt Power, Jul 6, 2006.

What percentage of people on ET are morons or full of BS?

1. 100%

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. 99%

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. 95%

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. 90%

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. 80%

8 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. 70%

7 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. 60%

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. 50%

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  9. Less than 50%

9 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. thank you, steve. although the above post contains numerous falsehoods and misstatements of fact, it seems the spirit of the post may be sincere-----

as a note of clarification:

i use only one alias. yes, as i stated previously, when i was banned from elite for operating a competing website, i did use several obvious alias's to gain access. i have neither the time, inclination or reason to operate in the manner you suggest.

i trust you will keep your word.

surf

#21     Jul 6, 2006
  2. I dont know why you keep saying this. The P&L thread has MAYBE 10-15 regular posters out of 50K+ members. I would hardly say that everyone on this site is profitable.

But, I would suspect that the % of winners would be higher on a forum like this as compared to the general public b/c people who want to become successful at trading bad enough seek out all they can on the matter of trading. Passion and dedication are key elements to success in this game, hell thats what gets us through the beginning stages/rough times, in order to get to the level of consistent success. I signed up here knowing very little about trading and, after 2+ years, have enjoyed some level of success and part of this can be attributed to this site and all that it has to offer.

Just my opinion though...

#22     Jul 7, 2006
  3. my vote is about half. You must realize ET is like the main stream media - for daytrading and broker firms who advertise on ET. 5-10% truth and lots of BS.
    The MAIN message of ET will never be "how to make real money" but "how to chase pipe dreams" otherwise we would post mostly on Risk and Portfolo Management not daytrading crap.
    ...having said that the 50% good will make me come back and visit.

#23     Jul 7, 2006
  4. If this is an accurate sample of the people on ET it seems like the majority of ET users feel that, by far, most people on here are full of it. Very interesting...

#24     Jul 10, 2006
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Oh yeah, talking to the general public about trading is a stomach churner. I think that is why I am at this site all the time, 1) not interested in job 2)want to talk about trading 3)general public total duds in that regard.

I have never been profitable because I am taking my time to develope knowledge and systems and software. That is all going well but it bugs me all the meatheads on here that encourage people to just get some $ and jump in the markets and are bugged because somebody is not profitable. Newbies should probably find a prop firm with training and expect to take some time to be self sustaining. I would do just that if I was not ok in this job.

#25     Jul 10, 2006