What percentage of people on ET are morons or full of BS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cpt Power, Jul 6, 2006.

What percentage of people on ET are morons or full of BS?

1. 100%

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. 99%

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. 95%

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. 90%

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. 80%

8 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. 70%

7 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. 60%

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. 50%

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  9. Less than 50%

9 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Oh...rest assured they're still here

When an alias gets embarrassed enough by public ridicule....rinse, lather and repeat.

It's the same guys who have a 600 FICO in meat space.

:cool:

#11     Jul 6, 2006
  2. mjh

mjh

I'm not a candidate, but what about any of the hair brained Ideas I proposed? anyone?
    -mjh

#12     Jul 6, 2006
  3. Yeah, that's the hard part right there. What you've mentioned has been asked before.

I suggest a post rating system (0-10) would do the job. This would entail having every single one of a persons posts be subject to voting, thereby establishing creditibilty via an "average post score" individual to each member (9.5 = good value, 1 = moronic, or something like it).

Thereby you can see the score of the post and the score of the person making it - that would definitely help me weed through all the crap - perhaps then a search function could be created that only produces certain posts of like a 6 or better given a search subject.

Mods, Baron - Any thoughts on this?

#13     Jul 6, 2006
  4. Never happen.

Click rate pays the bills...not credibility.

This is why goofs like markethankrollinsjaysufergouldfinancerbunnyetcetccarnivalbarker are not only tolerated but encouraged.

#14     Jul 6, 2006
  5. Yes indeed:

In a sense it is "Internet meets reality TV".....The more outrageous the participants, The more page views, the higher the click rate, and ultimately the higher the ad rate the site owner can charge.

This is the wild west so to speak. You have to look to your own resources to protect yourself. We've had everything here from people trying to sell copyrighted material, to folks trying to vend worthless crap of every kind (books, tapes, DVD's, advisories, everything you might think of).

Dr. Z is correct, just take a look at some of Marketsurfers "Surf Reports". Recently I counted 6 aliases all talking to each other as if it was a women's coffee klatch. The hilarious part is that he (MS) acts as if no one has figured it out.

"Congrats Market Surfer on that great call"

"You too Thunderpants, good trade, you are the man"

"No, YOU are the man Market Surfer, and a handsome devil at that"

"Well just doing what comes naturally you know. Its a big responsibility to be so gifted (sigh)"....

Then another alias comes in and CONGRATULATES THESE TWO!!

It reminds me of little girls playing with dolls.

Now I guess the question is....If a psycho like that wants to build his own little world, to entertain himself, and along the way try to fool everyone else, who are we (who am I anyway) to object? Up to this date, I haven't come to a definitive answer.

You know, thinking about it now, I remember a kid in our neighborhood who like to play make believe games (we talking 6 year old kids here) and if you didn't "cooperate" the little bastard would have a temper tantrum and toss you out of his yard. Maybe what Market Surfer has is what psychologists call a "developmental disability" where he is permanently stuck at about 6 years of age. Yep that sounds about right.

Good luck folks.

Steve

#15     Jul 6, 2006
  6. zuijlen

zuijlen

Perhaps a gifted (or not so gifted) playwright?

#16     Jul 6, 2006
  7. #17     Jul 6, 2006
  8. your consistent libelous, untrue, and damaging public statements are being noted, mr. steve.

your anonymity may soon be pierced.

surf

#18     Jul 6, 2006
  9. mjh

mjh

LOL! Come to think of it, we had the same kind of guy in our hood growing up and his brother had sock puppets, one for each hand that would talk to each other and to him! Maybe MS has them too? Is it possible to trade with 2 sock puppets?

mjh

#19     Jul 6, 2006
  10. You know, I was going to offer a nasty reply, and then for some reason, I realized I really don't want to be at odds with you.

After all, you seem to be a person with a somewhat fragile personality. Whereas I come from a big family where you had to roughhouse and be aggressive just to get something to eat at the dinner table.

I really have been much too rough on you. Surely there is plenty of room here at ET for people like you and me to exist peacefully.

Tell you what, I will agree to stop commenting on your many aliases and your tendency to want to carry on a dialogue with them simultaneously, if you will simply try to keep them (your aliases) chained up in your back yard and away from my posts. If you find yourself disagreeing with any statement I make, you are welcome to express it in person (using your "primary" handle), rather than hiding behind an alias. I promise to respond in a thoughtful manner.

I think that is an equitable agreement don't you think?

#20     Jul 6, 2006