What percentage of people on ET are morons or full of BS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cpt Power, Jul 6, 2006.

What percentage of people on ET are morons or full of BS?

1. 100%

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. 99%

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. 95%

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. 90%

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. 80%

8 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. 70%

7 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. 60%

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. 50%

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  9. Less than 50%

9 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Many of us use ET as a resource for information, opinions and advice. But who are all these people giving the answers or proclaiming they have found the holy grail? While there are some knowledgeable, helpful, and intelligent people on ET, I believe that, by far, the majority of them have no clue or are flat out morons. What do you think?

2. This is the only "serious" forum I have ever seen...
    Where totally clueless "paper traders" are posing as "experts"...
    And giving advice to even more clueless people.

Another example...
    A non-programmer was allowed to dominate the "automated trading" section for weeks...
    And waste everyone's time/bandwidth.

This kind of silliness could never happen at 2+2, music forums, tech forums.

How exactly does this benefit the owners of ET?

3. I would honestly say 50% or less. Trading just seems to bring out alot of big egos, some of which post some really dumb things. A long time ago I learned it is much better to be humble and rich ( still working on that :) ) than loud and poor.

4. I think there is a definite difference between the number of POSTERS that are morons or people full of BS, and the number of POSTS that are moronic or full of BS.

I would estimate that no more than 50% of the POSTERS are full of BS or morons, but definitely nearly 80% of the POSTS themselves are BS or moronic.

Interestingly, with the exception of SPAMMERS (ie WIZETRADE) and new-ID-of-the-week trolls, the quality of the poster seems to be inverse of the number of posts made by the poster. In other words, the more posts, the more likely they are BS or moronic.

5. i think there's some knowlegeable people on et no doubt but it seems everyone's profitable and making good money which is a lie. facts state only 5-10% of traders can make a living trading but it seems they're all on et

6. It a cyclical bias. The same thing seems to happen every 3 months or so here on ET. A wave of "I'm killing it in the markets right now!" posts come into the fray. The next few months "How badly do the markets suck right now" type posts, back and fourth etc etc... Very few of the newer posters seems to stick around for that long these days - its possible that 3 months is a typical turn over rate for a new trader, hence that's the lifespan of typical noob. Its been somewhat cyclical like this since I started checking this forum.

7. true go back and look at 100 id's from 2003. there's not more than 5 still on here

8. mizer

mizer

Can I see some proof to your "Facts"?

9. mjh

mjh

Having established (to some degree) that there are inevitably going to be these losers on these boards why don't we thin the herd so to speak?

Once way to do that as I see it would be to establish a group of "gurus" ( I use that term loosely) whom everybody knows to have either contributed in a big way or is known to be reputable around here. This list would not permanetly alienate others who might have valuable knowledge, but rather be a launching point of sorts.

Now for the hard part. How do we collectively vote and establish a list? I'll leave that up to the rest of the people on here for suggestions.

P.S. I am an intermediate trader as far as skill goes and automatically dis-qualify myself from that list as I 49% of the time just plain suck LOL.

Anyway -good luck to all!

mjh

10. zuijlen

zuijlen

mjh: 4 posts since Nov 2004 puts you way up there according to the critera formulated by another poster... I feel like a chatter box!

#10     Jul 6, 2006