What percent of your money is in PHYSICAL GOLD/SILVER/PM's?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Optional, Oct 4, 2011.

What percent of your investment capital is in PHYSICAL GOLD/SILVER/PM's?

1. 0

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. 1-10%

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. 10-25%

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. 25-50%

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. over 50%

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Visaria

Visaria

54% of those who have voted don't own any gold. How is this a bubble?

#11     Oct 5, 2011
  2. None.

But I have a fair chunk in heritage-breed hogs, chickens and ducks.

#12     Oct 5, 2011
  3. 0%

I am skeptical when you see so many ads touting gold and silver, and when the mexican that mows my lawn and maintains my landscape mentions gold/silver.

Smells like housing bubble.

#13     Oct 5, 2011
  4. Visaria

Visaria

During the tech and housing bubbles, tech and housing were always a topic of conversation with non investor types.

I've never been in a conversation with anyone like that regarding gold/silver.

#14     Oct 5, 2011
  5. Specterx

Specterx

Exactly. And far fewer would own physical gold/silver if you polled a "mainstream" financial crowd of professional big-money PMs and investors.

Every commentator out there is suspicious of gold and has been forever, even on ET people try to call the top over and over again. Two weeks ago there was a flood of stories in the financial press about "the gold bubble has popped," etc. Nothing at all like the housing bubble, unless/until TIME publishes a story about how gold is going to $20,000, people are converting their IRAs into underground safes full of bullion, and Goldman issues a new line of gold-themed derivatives.

#15     Oct 5, 2011
  6. Specterx

Specterx

I have; unless you're talking to a Ron Paul type to begin with they just think you're crazy. Even pro money managers I know who are serious bears on the economy haven't bought gold (let alone physical) because they feel it will crash with everything else.

#16     Oct 5, 2011
  7. =============
    N-T3;
    a] Ads, yes, some are ''very over sold'':D But silver trends so much in either direction,[up & down] your Mexican mower probably is doing quite well, with all the silver[low cost] mines in Mexico:D

z]Gold,GLD trend[med, & long term uptrend] is still up, so frankly, it looks better than big banks, BAC,C sector.Theyre downtrending [medium, & long term downtrends. That's wisdom.

:cool:

#17     Oct 5, 2011
  8. 0% no gold for you today? Would you like paper or plastic instead?

#18     Oct 5, 2011
  9. rogrant84

rogrant84

Physical gold and silver is not directly related to currency therefore it does not have any percentage of currency at all. It all depends on Forex -- where you monitor its value.

#19     Oct 12, 2011