What percent of traders are consistantly profitable 5Y minimum

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 28, 2005.

What percentage of [b]consistantly profitable[/b] traders would you venture to say?

1. 1/10th of 1 %

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. quarter of 1%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. half of 1%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1%

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. 2%

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  6. 3%

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. 4%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 5%

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  9. 6%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 7%

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Futurestrader,

I thought this poll might be helpful. It seems there are so many folks in the public coming to ET to evaluate a change in careers.

I wanted to add consistency to the mix, as a life changing decision should not be based on the short statistics. Well also anonymous internet boards too :)

But hey this is ET and the sample rate is in question...

Michael B.

#11     Jul 28, 2005
  2. Dustin

Dustin

Truth is nobody knows. I know a few guys including myself who fall into this category, but realisitally my best guess is somewhere between 1-15%.

#12     Jul 28, 2005
  3. Electric,

I responded without seeing who the originator is. I assumed it was someone new who wants to gauge his abilities with everyone else's, hence my post. I read my post again and it comes off as offensive. That wasn't the intent. I wanted to point out that one's own history is the best gauge for progress.

Cheers!

#13     Jul 28, 2005
  4. I would be angry if I was in an industry where 85% traders succeed and 15% failed.

Theres no doubt you have to be top of the line to make money in ANY industry.

Just imagine back in school, how many guys in your class made straight A's ?

Not many, only the ones who worked hard.

#14     Jul 28, 2005