What percent are full time traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, Nov 20, 2011.

1. I read that in an article in Active Trader magazine a few months ago when i was killing time at Barnes & Noble

#11     Nov 20, 2011
  2. Fewer every fucking day , I reckon, and moving here to retire

[​IMG]
    They dont pay me enough

#12     Nov 20, 2011
  3. I'm same as Businessman, with mortgage but 1 car only, thing about trading full time is you don't know when you get hit by continuous losses, so must have strong mind, even though profit can be big too, money mgt is impt

#13     Nov 20, 2011
  4. the1

the1

I'm a full-time trader and own an LLC/CTA business and trade for clients. From Feb 1st to April 15th I do taxes and handle audits thta come up during the year so outside of tax season I spend 99.9% of my time trading and during tax season I spend about 85% of my tme trading.

#14     Nov 20, 2011
  5. Anyone know of a specific article or data that specifies what % are full vs part?

#15     Nov 21, 2011
  6. Very unreliable as most people dont fill in their profile, but trade2win has 250K members and only 1600 claim to be fulltime (either home based or working for a prop).

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/memberlist.php?do=search

#16     Nov 21, 2011

7. But what is interesting is that the number of homebased traders is 10 times (1484) the number of prop traders (144).

So if you can survey the prop firms to get an accurate number of prop firm traders across all firms, the number of home based traders is likely to be 10 times this at anyone time.

Then if you know how many traders there are in the whole population you can workout the percentages.

#17     Nov 21, 2011
  8. I only trade every third friday.

#18     Nov 21, 2011