What part of your subconscious motivates you?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MrDinky, Feb 10, 2003.

1. MrDinky

MrDinky

http://www.emode.com/tests/inkblot/

While I'm not one to support the validity of these online psychological tests, I thought the results of this particular test were interesting...

- - - -
    Resistance

You approach the world with your guard intact because unconsciously, and perhaps consciously, you want to maintain an element of control in your relationships with people. You tend to hold your private experiences just out of reach of others. You're not one to immediately show all your cards, to let people into who you really are until you're ready.

- - - -

Probably not the most flattering results, but I suppose it's useful for this line of work. How do you fare?

:cool:

2. nitro

nitro

Isn't this question "impossible" in principle to answer?

If I knew, it wouldn't be subconcious. If I do not know, I cannot answer the question?

nitro :confused:

3. my unconscious mind is driven most by Resistance:confused:

4. MrDinky

MrDinky

I believe that is what the test tries to answer for you. Why are you Resisting? :D I bet you'd score highly in the Resistance area as well. Maybe it's common among traders? Give it a shot...

http://www.emode.com/tests/inkblot/

:cool:

5. "...your unconscious mind is driven most by Love"

:confused:

PeBBLe

6. Right on Nitro. Such definitional truths are rarely uttered in these fora. :cool:

The unconscious is governed by the uncertainty principle: attempting to view it alters its original and unconscious status.

7. The part nearest the surface, both above and below. They stay connected as I unfold.

8. oh cool! i'm driven by Curiousity! (i already knew that :))

(Faster P, i hope you're not driven by curiousity... we know what happens there!:D)

"This means you are full of questions about life, people, and the potential of your future. You spend more time than others envisioning the possibilities of your life — things that others are too afraid to consider......
    You need to make sure you have stimulation in your life — that makes you feel like you're innovating or being exposed to the ideas and experiences that truly inspire you. "

what a way to live life! we should all be curious!

Hey guys TAKE THIS TEST! it's cool fun!

and if you do report on it here, could you include some of the comments it says too please? it's fun to read.

nitro stop quibling and take the test! (and your previous comments regarding the subconcious are off the mark....)

9. finally! a psychological test site i agree with!

i took their ultimate personality test too -- i'm a Politician!

"You are a Politician which means you are a Success / Golden...That means you're forceful, innovative, and popular with the masses*"

too true! too true!

* i'm not sure about that part though! :D

http://www.emode.com/personality/

10. corvus

corvus

Cool, so I'm not a complete psychopath...the inkblots, though freaky, said I strive for Peace, and the personality type test said I was a "Chosen One", and apparently "That means you're warm, giving, knowing, and patient. Chances are you're not afraid to actively pursue your goals and dreams. As if all that weren't enough, you pretty much set the standard for emotional health by being filled with positive feelings and energy."

I feel great now, tomorrow should be an excellent trading day full of peace, love, and flower dances. Dude, when did I become a hippy? :p

#10     Feb 11, 2003