What other futures could I trade (with these req.)

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by djxput, Aug 1, 2005.

1. djxput

djxput

Right now I'm trading the mini-dow.

1. I'm looking for something that has a low margin rate meaning
    Something that has say a 2500$ or less during normal trading hours per contract.

2. I would prefer to view RT quotes on qcharts with the future. But I really dont want to pay alot for RT quotes.

for example from what I saw to view RT quotes of the NYMEX its 58$ a month. I wanted to trade the mini light crude; but I really dont want to pay 58$ a month for that. hmmm well err wait did I read that the emini light crude is still trading under the CME?

anyways; I have a small trading acct and want to trade more things then the indexes and dont want to blow too much on RT prices; so I'm wondering which futures I could start looking at and decide from there if I want to pay the exchange fees or not to view the RT data.

thanks for your help

oh one more thing ... whats up with the emini light crude's trading hours?
    Sun 7:00 PM – 9:30 AM
    Mon – Thu 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM
    3:15 PM – 5:30 PM
    6:00 PM – 9:30 AM
    Fri 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM

Is that so peeps can get a bite to eat while they trade? :)

2. Try ZB bonds on eCBOT...$1500 margins and less for daytrades, $31.25 per tick value...w/ a small account, and high tick value set your STOPs accordingly or be disciplined to "stop n reverse"; with the ZB either you're immediately right or not...3 ticks wrong and you're down nearly $100 per contract!

just my two cents

3. just21

just21

IPE quotes from IB are free. Electronically traded as well. Remember to sign up for UK futures in account mangement as well.
    You can trade Brent, Gas Oil, Nat Gas, Elec Bsld, Elec Peak and Emissions.

4. Try any number of CBOT contracts, such as Gold, Mini Gold, mini silver, Corn, Wheat, etc.

You can get free real quotes for the minis on the quote.com live charts demo, and also for the metals at the CBOT site.

5. djxput

djxput

Ill check into those ZB bonds

today was the first day I traded the mini crude; with 12.5$ a tick
    that sure adds up quick

with that ZB contract looks like it will be even more of a wild ride

I was trying to look into trading cocoa today; to even get quotes on IB looks like I have to pay a exchange fee or like 20 or 25$

their symbol is c liffe exchange

as far as trading brent, gas oil, nat gas elec I'll check those out

thanks for your help

- ya I was wondering if I could get free RT quotes with the other minis from the CBOT ie the silver gold wheat and corn.

6. E R

E R

Hey,

If you're looking at ZB (bonds), but worried about the high tick price, then you might want to look at the ten year notes (ZN) or the five year notes (FV). They only have 15.62 per tick, and are less volatile (and require even less margin).

If you're starting out with 2500, I would suggest them more than bonds.

Good luck!
    E