What Options book are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Options' started by The_Krakenite, Sep 6, 2021.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

if i told you, you would all of a sudden become scared of taking risk or you would stop outperforming the market like most hedgefunders and bank traders. :)

#31     Sep 9, 2021
  2. jamesbp

jamesbp

PDF attached

#32     Sep 9, 2021
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

The Warren Buffett Bet: S&P 500 versus Hedge Funds - The Wall Street Physician

Granted, that was a favorable period for the S&P 500, but still...As for all these book authors, give some 3rd-party audited results of their performance and I'll be willing to change my mind. Larry McMillan has published a newsletter for years but doesn't give his P&L...really? That said, I'm not against books. The Cottle one suggested earlier looks like a good blend of theory and practice. But spending countless hours on books & derivative geek sites doesn't guarantee anything. Nor do these new option "gurus" on Twitter who supposedly teach some amazing money market edge using the Greeks...but never post any real numbers other than S/R levels that are no more accurate than pivot points.

#33     Sep 9, 2021
  4. taowave

taowave

Alot of food for thought,not a ton of meat and potatoes (as in examples).

Great conceptual read

#34     Sep 9, 2021
  5. Yup, reminds me as of up to a year ago or so, YouTube was filled with all these amazing ForEx options trading guru's making millions. Yet not ONE single ONE could show their real performance in IBKR or ToS (Think-or-Shit). I think it was Meta-Trader 4 that they were all using. Very highly suspect as it was so easily able to fake stats & trades on that.

There was a reason for that. I guess they all vanished now that every other youTuber dolt figured it out, so the charlatans probably are off on Tik Tok 'educating' the millennials now a-days.

#35     Sep 9, 2021
    MKTrader likes this.
  6. taowave

taowave

Imho,any knowledge gained is invaluable....

#36     Sep 9, 2021
    newwurldmn likes this.
  7. Social media is a Wasteland. A wasteland of Zombies.

It's nothing but a perpetual, viscous, cycle loop...of people educating/entertaining...other dumb, average, people...and those newly genius people...are educating/entertaining a new, random, batch of average, dumb, sheeple.

Everyone is trying to get rich with ad revenue content, subscribers, views, and course sales.
    Demon personalities trying to take advantage of other, lesser, demons just to enrich and empower themselves at everyone's expense.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    #37     Sep 9, 2021
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

nothing guarantees success in trading.
    However willing ignorance definitely makes the journey a lot harder. Well written books provide you with insights that would take you a thousand lifetimes to learn.

warren buffet and Charlie munger credit a significant amount of their success to voracious reading.

#38     Sep 9, 2021
    taowave likes this.
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Warren should be attributing much of it to political clout and insider trading...but I digress. Everything in life is 80/20. Reading and learning for the sake of reading and learning is very time-consuming. You may or may not pick up that "gem" that actually produces alpha. Targeted learning from the right sources can be very good, though.

#39     Sep 9, 2021
  10. taowave

taowave

In the words of the Great One, "you miss 100 percent of the shots you never take"...

#40     Sep 10, 2021