What Options book are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Options' started by The_Krakenite, Sep 6, 2021.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

agreed. All the good traders at banks and hedge funds don’t EVER read any trading books. Most of them don’t even go to college or high school because education is for eggheads who don’t know how to take risk.

You and I get this. Because we don’t understand Venn diagrams. That’s why we are traders and not boring eggheads!

#21     Sep 8, 2021
    Atikon and taowave like this.
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

agreed on a journal. I keep two sets of diaries: an emotional one and a rational one. While I rarely go back and reread the entries I find just getting the thoughts on paper allow me to get past the first level of thought and come to a better conclusion on my next course of action. But everyone processes information differently.

#22     Sep 8, 2021
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Nice attempt at sarcasm (actually it was just asinine) but that wasn' my point. And most traders at banks and hedge funds underperform the market anyway.

#23     Sep 8, 2021
  4. Yup, I do have a trade-journal I have been finally writing this year. Though to be honest a lot of why I do this is so I know WTF I was doing/thinking when it comes time to do taxes again. Haw!

#24     Sep 8, 2021
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It’s because they read so many books they are scared to take real risk.

#25     Sep 8, 2021
  6. taowave

taowave

Speaking of books,what about Sinclair's book??

Stop holding out on me:)

#26     Sep 8, 2021
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

it was good. Most of it I knew but the study on strangles vs straddles was fascinating. I need to study that one myself.

#27     Sep 8, 2021
  8. taowave

taowave

Ordered...

Did you read Bennets book,Trading Volatility??

#28     Sep 8, 2021
  9. Care to enlighten on the strangles v straddles :)

#29     Sep 8, 2021
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

no. i have not heard of it. was it a good read?

#30     Sep 9, 2021