What Options book are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Options' started by The_Krakenite, Sep 6, 2021.

1. taowave

taowave

just finished Trading Vol

#11     Sep 7, 2021
    zghorner likes this.
  2. zghorner

zghorner

whatd you think?

#12     Sep 7, 2021
  3. taowave

taowave

It's pretty good from a conceptual perspective.

Worth the read,but nothing enlightening

#13     Sep 7, 2021
    zghorner likes this.
  4. taowave

taowave

Risk Reward?? ROI???

The guy was a pit/floor trader..

#14     Sep 7, 2021
  5. taowave

taowave

What did you think of Sinclair's book??

#15     Sep 7, 2021
  6. #16     Sep 7, 2021
  7. I really do not like to trade options so I can not give the suggestion about the books you read to learn options. Google can help you to find a good book.

#17     Sep 7, 2021
  8. zghorner

zghorner

Honestly why even make this post?

#18     Sep 7, 2021
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Theory is good to a point, but you can drown in it and never be profitable. Look at academics who are "experts" on derivatives but too scared to trade options in their accounts. Even some professionals at banks and other places have a deep understanding of derivatives but don't trade them.

#19     Sep 7, 2021
    SPX Options Trader likes this.
  10. ffs1001

ffs1001

The best trading book you will ever read....the one that makes the greatest impact on your actual profits....is.....your own trading journal.

Seriously. I've read literally hundreds of trading books over the last 3 decades and whilst they have been useful, they can give nothing more than the mechanics and theory behind the process. Most are fine for beginners - to understand what an iron condor is, what a butterfly trade looks like, but the transformation of that knowledge into actual, practical application is what is required to be a consistent trader.

Once I started doing a proper journal, I noticed my trading style change, my profitability increase and my stress levels reduce. I documented every trade, and was able to identify patterns in my behaviour and actions which were causing me to make big losses, or enter trades which I shouldn't have, or exited when I should have held etc. I started to identify common mistakes I was making - both in execution and judgement. I became more aware of my FOMO, my position sizing, and risk management.

The journal uses Excel sheets and Word docs, with text, graphics, back-test result, and recommendations for next time I'm in a similar situation.

#20     Sep 8, 2021