What % of daytraders losses come from trading commissions?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Not much difference between adding commission to your cost basis, and taking it as a loss.

#21     Oct 15, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

there is..but i would like to see, if garcia can answer this simple question correctly..

#22     Oct 15, 2010
  3. on losing days i would say 50% goes to the broker ~_~
    i got tight stops so losses don't kill me as badly as the broker does

#23     Oct 16, 2010
  4. Thank my new cell phone w/internet and Email.

They won't change because brokers always get a fresh supply of naive idiots that get into frequent trading.
    All traders fail and quit without posting (or even admitting) their losses.
    If all those that failed shared their experiences, much fewer fools would enroll into frequent trading.

No you aren't.
    You are nothing but a broker shill trying to lure naive fools into frequent trading with your fictitious phony account statements.

Real words from a real daytrader, not a broker shill.
    50%?
    Even my 25% estimate was on the low side.

#24     Oct 16, 2010
  5. i beg to differ
    in any business when your expenses exceed your revenue that leads to losses. so expenses and losses while not the same, are highly correlated.

it is my belief that shorter term traders have more consistency in their profits and losses. a longer term trader may be exposed to more risks and larger swings in their P/L.
    it is not anyone's right to say which is better than the other as it is personal preference in the level of risk aversion and comfort that leads one to choose their own method.

let us not criticize and accuse failure blindly.
    let the P/L be the judge...

#25     Oct 17, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

i agree with this..but it's hard to argue with some random schmuck,who not only refuse to provide any information about his trading,but also refuse accept the truth, accusing me in falsifying my own statements.

i can't argue with this fucker..sure, i have nothing else to do,but alter some random statements and post it on ET. and i'm in this business on ET since 2002..yep..garcia-i can repeat this one more time-why would do that? i have no obligation to proof anything to you. get this through your fucking brainless head..

one more time-can you answer on this question?->
    garcia-i have question for you-why IRS does not treat commissions as a loss, like you do?

#26     Oct 17, 2010
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Yes, I do day trade and have been doing so since 1996 - my sole source of income.

A shill? For whom? I don't push any broker not do I mention who I trade through.

You seem to be an incredibly unhappy person. If you failed at trading that's your issue. I couldn't be happier with the freedom I have each and every day.

#27     Oct 18, 2010
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Wow. I imagine you can even place orders for your investing activity with it.That's impressive.

#28     Oct 18, 2010
  9. Great to have all this new technology to daytrade with!

#29     Oct 18, 2010
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

What is even greater is that he has both the "internet" and the "Email" on it...

#30     Oct 18, 2010