What motivates the attacks on J Hershey?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Fractals 'R Us, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Not everyone trades 1 lot Duckman, take the same trading success in the ES and instead of 1 lot, substitute, say 30 lots, and its no longer the little joke you wrote below :)

As you know, there is hardly ever a circumstance intraday on the ES where 1 and 30 lots makes any real difference in how the market moves. Liquidity is a beautiful thing.

#51     Aug 30, 2008
  2. Just to keep it consistent, we should multiply the results by a factor of 50.

#52     Aug 30, 2008
  3. heypa

heypa

Some people can hold a lot of complex or abstract ideas in their head simultaneously and can manipulate them without getting lost. Explaining the process is difficult to put in writing--- some what like a person with total recall explaining to the average person how to develop total recall.
    I think Jack is such a person. If this is so then very few will ever understand and apply what he does..
    Poor dumb me has to be satisfied with "If I ain't going up don't buy it and If it ain't going down don't sell it." Oh, and one more thing.Be careful if your intended action is not going with the next longer trend.
    Just my pennies worth.

#53     Aug 30, 2008
  4. THANK YOU!!!!!

Finally some one made my point that i've been saying here for the last couple of days.

Not everyone can trade 5 or 10 lots.... maybe some can only trade 1 or 2 lots, for various reasons. I posted the following on the 28th in another thread:

"When I started trading in 03, I remember being in Dan Zangers room (In those days I was searching for everything…. Gurus, trading rooms, methods….newsletters….etc, left no stone unturned) anyways there was a trader that was really making good money, big money… he would call out trades from stocks he was day trading, but it would usually be too late by the time you were ready to hit the buy…. They moved fast right after he called them. He never would talk about his method. Fed up one day I asked him for some tips. He didn’t give me any, except to say that I have to find my own way, find what works for me. Of course the system he was using was what I wanted, because I could see it working week after week. I didn’t understand then, that it would’ve never worked for me. He was using tremendous amounts of money (millions) for very small moves. Even if had I somehow adopted his strategy, had the balls of steel to scalp in and out like he did, I still would hardly make any money. In fact the profits would not pay for all the data fees. The point is this…… just because a system works, doesn’t mean the system will be profitable for you."

#54     Aug 30, 2008
  5. Sounds good ... sounds real good.

#55     Aug 30, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

Jack is an OK guy apart from all his NLP nonsense. :p

I think Jack likes to play games with people because he feels the need (justified or not) to make people earn something.

In a way this is true BUT in another way it's a backhanded slap.

I looked at his and spyders methods a ways back and pretty much figured it out in 20 hours and to this day I still use channels when I feel it is appropriate.

Channel trading and volume analysis is nothing new - it's as old as the hills and all Jack has done is repackage it.

Does it work ?

Well like everything else in the trading world the answer is never simple.

Yes and no depending on several factors.

As far as Jack himself well I've always found him amusing and never taken him seriously.

Spyder is a good guy and means well at heart and I think he contributes to this forum with purpose (accept for his endorsement of steve46 who I think is a little wacky)

:D

#56     Aug 30, 2008
  7. :D
    Hmm, interestingly enough, he never claimed anything to the contrary - in fact he even referred to some names from the turn of the last century.

Perhaps those who feel the need to attack should seek satisfaction from the descendants of Granville et al.

#57     Aug 30, 2008
  8. Honestly, what you said makes no sense. If a person can trade 1 lot successfully, there is no reason that same person can't trade 5 or even 10 lots of the ES the SAME WAY.

As long as the approach is SUCCESSFUL in the ES, 1 lot and 10 lots are the same (for intraday trading). No excuses Duckie Doo :)

#58     Aug 30, 2008
  9. :D You mean your religious beliefs prevent you from scaling up?

#59     Aug 30, 2008
  10. Mindless drivel. You'll fit in here.

#60     Aug 30, 2008