What motivates the attacks on J Hershey?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Fractals 'R Us, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Is a system on C2 acceptable evidence? I think Spydertrader has a system there using the Hershey method. I personally never cared to read the threads on the method because Jack is too wordy and nutty for me and I like to keep it simple, but that system has a Sharpe ratio of 9 and a 70% win rate. That would be a good enough performance for me if consistently can be kept up....

#21     Aug 30, 2008
  2. Doubt this exists, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and wait for official link.

#22     Aug 30, 2008
  3. Great spirits are often violently opposed by mediocre minds. The average person on this website if he is even trading anymore that is, struggles while trading. They struggle because they never study any deeper. Insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So now where are we? We are at a point where Jack and the people filled with total negativity for him are on complete opposite sides. One side is stuck because they do not have the intellectual thought process and overall ability to improve themselves in the market while the other side is constantly seeking improvment and better ways to do things. If this is understood then we can also understand why there is no ability for either side to understand each other. Funny though that the people who respect Jack arn't drinking the cool aid as the negative crowd would suspect, they are merely searching for more knowledge, improving themselves while the whole time knowing they do not know everything because no one does, but it is extrodinary to see what the mind can accomplish.

#23     Aug 30, 2008
  4. The system??? the system???

Who is using the system?

Those numbers are irrelevant because no two people think, interpret, and process information the same way.
    That might Spyders numbers, but doesn’t mean it is necessarily duplicated by others. Trading is an art, not a skill. Skills can be duplicated, art can not. If some one shows you how to start a fire using sticks, you will be able to copy that. If some one shows you how to grow prize tomatoes, you can copy it, If someone shows you how to paint a masterpiece ….. You will never be able to duplicate it….. Because it requires talent, not skill.

It amazes me to see so many people wondering around like zombies looking for answers.. Looking for a teacher, to help them get rich. The path to success is inwards….. Until that happens, its impossible to convince a trader of that.

Only you know yourself, only you know will know what is the best time frame to use, what is the best market, what is the best amount of investment…. And most importantly, “when” is the right frame of mind. Until one knows him/her self, they will never be consistent.

Now .. If one wants to go out and seek help on HOW to trade.. I.e. the basics, well I have no problem with that… but knowing how to trade and being profitable are two different things.

I’m willing to bet, that 90% of traders in here don’t even have a business plan… and only half have a trading plan.

Most want the quick easy answers…. No one wants any part of the long boring aspects of this business

#24     Aug 30, 2008
  5. There is a system at collective2 called Spyder and it says it uses Jack Hershey's method but it's only up 38% annualized, surely 3X range would do a lot better than that...

#25     Aug 30, 2008
  6. Well, thank you very much for your generosity.

It means so much for all of us who are just learning the basics.

I can't even begin to express my gratitude.

I am sure you will enlighten us mere "unawakened" mortals with $995 online seminar.

Anxiously awaiting.

#26     Aug 30, 2008
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Looked it up again. Since it only uses 1 contract with 100K capital, the 38% annual ain't that bad. Using it with 10K it would be 380%, with 5K capital it would be 760%. Just putting it into perspective....

I think the 3X range was claimed by Jack, since this is not Jack, we can't expect that, can we? :)

#27     Aug 30, 2008
  8. :D The grammatical structure of this statement suggests that it is you who are so desperate.

#28     Aug 30, 2008
  9. rawfist

rawfist

Really? because you are the one in the idiotic refinement thread whining about confusion and asking question after question because you can't understand Spydertraders drivel

#29     Aug 30, 2008
  10. No, because you are the stupid one in this idiotic thread whining about proof and asking for evidence because you can't understand how markets work. :D

#30     Aug 30, 2008