What more bad news could come out?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Sep 23, 2008.

1. the collider is down for maintenance till spring. we are save for now.

#11     Sep 23, 2008
  2. that's what they're telling us
    suppose the real problem's they can't shut the damn thing off !

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. Major earthquake in the West, crippling LA, Frisco, Portland and Seattle. NOT already priced in.

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. moarla

moarla

you all forgett the worst: McCain as president....

#14     Sep 24, 2008
  5. a few weeks ago, my gf predicted that on nov. 12th, the big one (to end all big ones) would hit cali. half of the state will be under water, untold millions will perish.

unfortunately, both corey feldman AND corey haim will survive. that was the horrifying part.

#15     Sep 24, 2008
  6. Send tickets to them FedEx overnight... Nov 12th in the penthouse of the Frisco Hyatt!

#16     Sep 24, 2008
  7. a major earthquake is way overdue on the east coast...

#17     Sep 24, 2008
  8. m22au

m22au

An absence of government interference and bailouts could be bearish for the stockmarket. The ban on shorting and the $700 billion bailout were not the only announcements made over the last week.

There was also a money market insurance fund announcement. There might have also been other announcements, but to be honest there were so many bailout announcements on Thursday and Friday that I just lost count of them all.

Following on from the above, congress could vote against the $700b bailout, or they could substantially modify it.

Housing prices could fall much further, which would be bearish for financials and homebuilders.

The big three auto companies could fail.

Peak oil could further reduce consumer spending.

Peak oil could result in additional airline bankruptcies.

And generally the recession could get much worse, resulting in a steeper drop in consumer spending.

#18     Sep 24, 2008
  9. Let it fall. It has to fall before it can rise. That is the cycle.

#19     Sep 24, 2008
  10. I'm curious to see when that chick diana olick will start delivering consistently positive housing numbers.

#20     Sep 24, 2008