What Monitors do you have, size, specs - Led or LCD ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by philipjb, Nov 17, 2012.

1. I have some 22" 1920x1080 and the display is too small for that resolution IMO. It causes eye strain.

I also have many 24" 1920x1080 and they are perfect IMO.

What I did after I bought the 22" monitors was go into CompUSA and have the salesman connect the displays to a website (I think we used cnn.com) and I did a comparison. He griped a little bit but I bought several monitors and went back and bought more. Make him do his job and purchase what works for you. TigerDirect just bought them out or merged so don't be surprised when you pull up and see the Tiger sign on the building.

#21     Dec 1, 2012
  2. Buddy,
    Could you recommend me any specific brand and model.
    Do we have more resolution than 1920 x 1080 also ?

#22     Dec 1, 2012
  3. I don't have a brand favorite. Cheap is ok with me as long as the quality of the view is there. There are only a few panel makers on the Earth anyway so your odds are you're getting 1 of 3 or so variations available.

There's plenty higher resolution available. But higher resolution without increasing screen size means smaller font and for me, eye strain.

Go into a store and have a salesman hook them up to a website and see what works for you. It takes only some of your time.

#23     Dec 2, 2012
  4. ofthomas

ofthomas

IMO... if you are using 8 monitors, in reality, each monitor should have one thing and as such you dont need 24"... the best size in that regards are 19" , but they dont really make those anymore, so you are left with 21.5's... same resolution..1980x1080...

I personally prefer business class monitors, after all... arent we in a business? anyhow... HP has the best ones... 3 year warranty and they will be replaced if failed next day, no questions asked...

HP ZR2240w 21.5-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor

you can find deals online as needed, so I wont link any website.. just froogle it... :)

#24     Jan 4, 2013