What might be a good way to day trade this non-US stock with options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by frontyard, Feb 11, 2019.

1. frontyard

frontyard

New Zealand stock.

Price varied between $124 to $126 today.
    This is a typical range. Tomorrow it might oscillate from $121 to $123.
    Or it might start at $125 and slide down to $123 by the end of the day.
    It could start at $125 and climb to $127 when markets close.
    It might be sink to as low as $80 by the end of the year and stay low for a couple years.
    However, the long-term trend is positive because this stock will keep rising.

I typically have day traded this stock for over about 12 years now. But now I want to try the same using Options. What might be a good way to day trade this stock using Options? At the end of the day, I need to generate income. Any good Options strategies come to mind?

2. Epicurus

Epicurus

Frontyard, your first issue is that the NZ options markets barely exists. I haven't bothered following it but I thought only a literal handful of stocks are covered and it's only a few yesrs old. I wouldn't expect there would be any liquidity to day trade. Not sure the situation with option brokers if they're available..

I doubt its possible or practical but research the market for options on that stock before considering strategies.

Although I would never touch them myself, you are more likely to find a daytrading market in cfd's I expect..