What Mexico needs is more guns, duh

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Jan 22, 2020.

1. UsualName

UsualName

2. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

If we stop producing firearms in the US, the cartels will make them or get them from overseas, duh.

3. UsualName

UsualName

^Big brain says we have to stop making guns all together stop the flow of guns from America to Mexico. Oh yeah.

4. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

In your opinion, is it possible to get guns out of the hands of the cartels? Is it possible to stop cartels from acquiring guns?

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Mexican police and military will still need to order their firearms, and their firearms will eventually make it into mainstream circulation because the Mexican police and government isn't corrupt or anything.

Idiocy.

Dr. Love likes this.
  6. UsualName

UsualName

It is possible to lessen their access to our guns, yes.

In the article there is a whole section titled ‘How guns go south’, I suggest you read it. There’s also lengthy pieces in the article about other countries and the easy availability of assault style weapons from the US.

But, why not argue what Mexico needs is more guns?

7. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Here's a better idea to disarm the cartel. Americans stop buying drugs. Can't buy guns if they have no income from drug money.

Dr. Love and Tsing Tao like this.
  8. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

I didn't argue the cartels need more guns.

How can you limit their access?

If there were zero availability of assault style weapons from the US, that would in no way shape of from lessen the cartels access to guns. It is a complete fallacy to think or state otherwise. The cartels will simply find another supply or produce the assault weapons themselves.

Do you think that the cartels do not have enough money to buy a barrel rifling machine and a CNC machine?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  9. UsualName

UsualName

Wrong. You should read the article. It goes into the aspect of assault style weapons and America uniquely providing easy access.

I don’t understand why in America there is an argument that guns reduce crime but not for Mexico.

Do guns reduce crime or not?

10. UsualName

UsualName

Again, I don’t understand why the answer to gun violence in America is more guns but not for Mexico.

#10     Jan 22, 2020