What Median Home Prices Would Look Like If the Bubble Never Happened

Discussion in 'Economics' started by commoditiestrdr, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Do you honestly think that the USD's weakness is simply due to FX manipulation?

#31     Jan 30, 2008
  2. clacy

clacy

You may want to have a back up plan for when/if they get foreclosed on.

I would kind of suck to get a notice one day that you have 10 days to find a new place to live.

#32     Jan 30, 2008
  3. tortoise

tortoise

rent control law in los angeles requires 60 days notice...applies to banks as well as people

#33     Jan 30, 2008
  4. Simply? No. Partly? Of course. Even the talking heads know the Yuan is pegged to the USD.

#34     Jan 30, 2008
  5. Adobian

Adobian

Why not ?

#35     Jan 31, 2008
  6. balda

balda

The mentality of the home owner is
    "I'll never sell at this prices, If I will not sell price will not go down."

#36     Jan 31, 2008
  7. commoditiestrdr

commoditiestrdr Commodities View

That's so true....exactly what I was thinking the only thing is that most people went into variable interest only loans. Eventually the fed will have to raise rates to take on inflation and when they do most of those people will go into foreclosure (tons already have) forcing a correction....that 's what I think.

#37     Jan 31, 2008
  8. What I think will be interesting is will home builders now mostly focus on over 55 developments because the baby boomers have the wealth to purchase homes at these levels and have home equity to sell there homes for a little less.

#38     Jan 31, 2008
  9. Adobian

Adobian

how about sell now and buy it back later for cheaper ?

#39     Jan 31, 2008
  10. Here is the Case Shiller real estate composite futures February 2008 contract graph.

#40     Jan 31, 2008